• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your preference. Okajima or Denver Pedigree ?
2 2

53 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2024 at 11:57 AM, szav said:

I came here thinking to post something like this but you beat me to it.  Okajima all day long over the Denver and most other pedigrees.

If I’m going for condition or high grade, which I often do, then I care basically zero about the pedigree and even prefer a less expensive non pedigree book if grade and PQ are equal.

The story behind the Okajima books is the most compelling of any of the pedigree origins/tales to me.  The only pedigrees I ever felt I ‘needed’ to have a copy of something from are the Church and the Okajima.  I can live without anything from the rest.

1000% agree about the back story on the Okajima.  I don't own one but keep watching for the right one to show up.  I want one with the writing.  Same with a Larson.

There are actually two Hopalong Cassidy 1 Denver copies there was only one in the original collection but somehow two got Cgc  one is graded a 9.2 the other 9.0 splitting hairs as they are both sharp copies  and yes I ended up with both . I will try and post another picture of the Bats 1 Denver it’s in the vault at the bank when I get a chance it still looks exactly like the one posted above 

On 2/4/2024 at 4:47 PM, Drgoldage said:

I will try and post another picture of the Bats 1 Denver it’s in the vault at the bank when I get a chance it still looks exactly like the one posted above 

Congrats ! You bought it in 2010 from HA, correct ?

You have a ton of offers on the platform. Are you actively looking to sell or is the "Make Offer" thing coming from Heritage ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

Yep bought  the bats 1 post auction 2010 I thought it was a bargain and didn’t mind the cost , though my wife would more than pinch me hard if I ever do that again . The make offer thing is from Heritage I don’t opt out as rarely I get an offer to good to be true . I’m on call this week so haven’t checked offers for several days 

On 2/16/2024 at 5:38 PM, action1kid said:

Stop teasing me

I haven't even started.