• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does military label affect grade?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Have a few MJ 'variants' across a few genres. But one of them has a label affixed. I'm not really asking for a grade on this particular book, but I'm wondering what CGC does with such a label. That is, how much is it relevant to the overall grade?

IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

On 2/17/2024 at 1:37 AM, Fukuoka said:

Have a few MJ 'variants' across a few genres. But one of them has a label affixed. I'm not really asking for a grade on this particular book, but I'm wondering what CGC does with such a label. That is, how much is it relevant to the overall grade?

An address sticker on the cover will max you out at an 8.0 according to CGC's grading book.

I’d guess somewhere in the 5.0-5.5 neighborhood. Some years back there were a bunch of nice GA books with big honking nameplate labels on each front cover… a bit bigger than these… and their CGC grades seemed to land in this range.