• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$9 Pressing - Is it worth adding to your Submission ?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Is it worth the extra $9 dollars per magazine to add the pressing service ? Does this help and impact your overall grade a lot on the magazine ? Anyone have any feedback or experience if this is worth adding to a submission ?

On 2/18/2024 at 10:00 PM, Sid2024 said:

does anyone see a improvement in grades ?

I had some stapled magazines I just recently pressed myself. I was surprised how well they turned out. The press seemed to work even better than it does on comics (the thinner paper composition must be more amenable). They were all rippled from moisture and dented before pressing. And pretty well flat after. I have not tried pressing glued spines though. Wish I had of taken before/after pics.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, batmiesta said:

Here's a little example, a virtually flawless copy of Dracula lives #13, but it had a crease mark that I didn't see until I was sorting it out to go to CGC.20240228_142320.thumb.jpg.baf4aac8dff0aae099404e041335f8f2.jpg

A quick steam and press and it was gone.

20240229_143004.thumb.jpg.042c2cb21875ef6563c58164ceb67f0e.jpg

20240229_143013.jpg

That thinner paper really takes to a press. I didn't even use steam and got nice results.

On 2/18/2024 at 2:21 AM, Randall Dowling said:

There's only one person I would trust with that procedure and it ain't CGC.  Keep your $9 and your books will thank you.  2c

Thanks Douglas. :blush: 

Edited by batmiesta