• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beautiful Sandman piece by Sam Kieth
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I love Sam Kieth's work. But for some reason whenever I see his original art in person, I'm often underwhelmed. When this piece went up for auction it looked amazing on the auction website, but in the back of my mind I was afraid that if I were to win, I would be disappointed with it. I was very wrong. Have a look Sandman

In the description of the piece on the auction website, they never mentioned that Keith was the Sandman co-creator and they also credited him for having done artwork for "The Doll's House" which he had nothing to do with. Do you think mistakes in the descriptions affect auction sales?

It's a good question.  I do think it can skew some pieces on the lower end, but I would think with prominent artists and characters, buyers may be more educated than the auction houses in many cases. It's not a knock on the auctions, just a reality that collectors tend to be more invested in the property as fans.