• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lionsgate's BORDERLANDS movie starring Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart (2024)

7 posts in this topic

PEOPLE - Borderlands First Look (Exclusive)

Deadline reported that Blanchett was tapped to play Lilith back in May 2020, with the rest of her on-screen crew signing on the following year. Filming began April 2021 in Hungary and wrapped in June. Near the end of shooting, Curtis, 65, shared a glimpse of the Tár star as the Siren on Instagram. 

"Welcome to BORDERLANDS and a secret BTS shot I took of Lilith, our legendary heroine, psycho blasting, vault hunting, vixen with a bad attitude and two Oscars to add to the baddasery in her tool belt," the Halloween actress captioned the silhouette of Blanchett. "The once and future Queen of EVERYTHING, #cateblanchett."

A movie adaptation of Gearbox Software’s video game series, Borderlands will see Lilith and co. battle alien monsters and bandits as they traverse Pandora in search of the missing girl. “The fate of the universe could be in their hands – but they’ll be fighting for something more: each other,” says a synopsis of the forthcoming film. 

Borderlands is in theaters Aug. 9.

Cate Blanchett as Lilith in Borderlands.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:46 AM, media_junkie said:

Guardians of the Galaxy ver. 2.0?

That very same thought came into my head as soon as I watched this trailer. Including the little mascot (robot in place of a racoon) and the soundtrack.

(shrug)