• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

and now for something completely different, part 2--first edition hardbacks, again, but of fiction that spawned films. 10% off 3 remaining books
1 1

17 posts in this topic

i'll take it on the thread trumps p.m.'s, but i'll listen to reasonable counters.  return will be accepted, just let me know w/in 3 days of delivery of book.  shipping $12 domestic, we'll have to figure out foreign.  p'pal fine.

had some success with my f.e. "classics" thread a couple years ago, and had great fun strutting them out.   this'll be the same, but they're gonna be movie-intensive.  they will all be first edition/first printing, which is the key in this arena.   i'll say if one is a 1st, but NOT of the country of origin.   in fact, one like that is already in mind...  there is no gpa on these; various sites are consulted, bookfinder, alibris, the 'bay...   they'll be priced fairly, or at least that's my hope.

Edited by Straw-Man

wiki says these next two were made into movies, tho' i've never heard of ‘em.

first up is the exorcist.  slight spine tilt, but overall really nice shape.  some defects on jacket, you can see it on spine edges. this one has tells on copyright page AND last page of text.  all the bells and whistles are here.  $150.  SOLD!!

IMG_3710.jpeg

IMG_3713.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3711.jpeg

Edited by Straw-Man

On 2/20/2024 at 5:00 PM, Straw-Man said:

wiki says these next two were made into movies, tho' i've never heard of ‘em.

first up is the exorcist.  slight spine tilt, but overall really nice shape.  some defects on jacket, you can see it on spine edges. this one has tells on copyright page AND last page of text.  all the bells and whistles are here.  $150,

IMG_3710.jpeg

IMG_3713.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3711.jpeg

Billy, is this a first print?

p.s. for anybody looking at the jaws book.  if you check prices on the 'net, you may see "first edition" claimed on u.s. copies, and a low price.   seller doesn't realize that a doubleday book of that vintage needs "first edition" at bottom of copyright page.  later printings removed f.e. notation, but did NOT note a subsequent printing.  they don't know their first ed. "tells; " they assume the lack of a later printing means it's a first--it ain't.

On 2/20/2024 at 4:06 PM, Straw-Man said:

recall a "jaws" in a couple bond movies, but other than that...

anyway, first british of this'un.   MUCH better jacket that the u.s. [search it...].  terrific shape, dj and book.  $350.

IMG_3716.jpeg

IMG_3717.jpeg

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3719.jpeg

Take per PM. Thanks.