• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM# 3 1963 press clean?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi there. I have this Amazing Spider-man #3 in my collection. Qualified grade. Old Label. And to me it looks like this one never had an clean and I think also no press. It has very small chipping and overall very nice color. 

But besides missing page 12 LoL, it is missing an little small piece on the back cover. See pictures.

Could an 6.0 or 7.0 have an little piece missing of the back cover? Is that allowed for an 6.0 or 7.0?  

In other words, would this one benefit an press and clean for a grade bump? Or will it never become an higher grade because of the small piece missing?

0A5F2B16-3E7D-47E6-86BD-353463948852.jpeg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Take this with a grain of salt since I do not have my books graded, when the book was graded the piece missing on the back cover/lower edge was taken into consideration, chances are you will not receive a higher grade, however, books are graded in their entirety and a piece missing (unless stated in black and white) is going to be up to the individual grader on how much of a grade reduction the book will take. CGC seems to change its grading standards on a regular basis, someone with more experience with todays CGC will have to chime in, maybe pieces missing is even mentioned in the new CGC Grading Guide. (shrug)

Just an FYI...Pieces Missing

VG/FN 5.0 - None allowed

VG 4.0 - As much as a 1/4" triangle can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" square is also acceptable. 

GD/VG 3.0 - A triangle from 1/4" to 1/2" can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" to 1/4" square is also acceptable.

GD 2.0 - The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, 

FR/GD 1.5 - Up to 1/10 of the back cover may be missing.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:55 PM, marvelmaniac said:

Take this with a grain of salt since I do not have my books graded, when the book was graded the piece missing on the back cover/lower edge was taken into consideration, chances are you will not receive a higher grade, however, books are graded in their entirety and a piece missing (unless stated in black and white) is going to be up to the individual grader on how much of a grade reduction the book will take. CGC seems to change its grading standards on a regular basis, someone with more experience with todays CGC will have to chime in, maybe pieces missing is even mentioned in the new CGC Grading Guide. (shrug)

Just an FYI...Pieces Missing

VG/FN 5.0 - None allowed

VG 4.0 - As much as a 1/4" triangle can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" square is also acceptable. 

GD/VG 3.0 - A triangle from 1/4" to 1/2" can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" to 1/4" square is also acceptable.

GD 2.0 - The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, 

FR/GD 1.5 - Up to 1/10 of the back cover may be missing.

Good one, I had an 7.0 CGC blue label Detective comics #83, big corner piece front cover missing. But it still received an 7.0.

40BCF9B1-AB12-4AAC-9663-851D9A98C065_4_5005_c.jpeg