• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 50th Anniversary CGC Signing
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So very excited that CGC is holding this signature signing (ahead of the Deepool/Wolverine movie) - I have been fans of FM, CC but also the others in the list!

Can someone tell me what are the comics that ALL of the signatories (Frank, Chris, Roy, Tom, Glynis, Joe) have worked on together - I am only aware of them working together on Wolverine Limited Series 1-4 (1982).  Any guesses?

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12665/Wolverine-50th-Anniversary-CGC-Signing/

On 3/18/2024 at 12:10 PM, smm24339 said:

Only one that I'm aware of...good luck!

Actually looking at the comics - Roy Thomas does not seem to have featured in the Wolverine Limited Series; also for #4 of the series, Glynis Wein was replaced with Lynn Varley for colourist.  Just making sure I send to the right people for signing.

Just received the signed slabs signed by: FM, CC, JR, GOM, TO and RT however the slab only mentioned CC, FM and GOM (and omits mentioning JR, TO and RT even though their signature is clearly there) see photo.  

Any advice on what to do?  Sending back would cost more money?  BUT i have already paid $290 per slab (for all six signatures) and postage - seems expensive for me to resend them back (not sure who to write to even).  

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

THanks Paul

IMG_7591.jpeg

On 6/16/2024 at 4:04 AM, Paul Ng said:

Just received the signed slabs signed by: FM, CC, JR, GOM, TO and RT however the slab only mentioned CC, FM and GOM (and omits mentioning JR, TO and RT even though their signature is clearly there) see photo.  

Any advice on what to do?  Sending back would cost more money?  BUT i have already paid $290 per slab (for all six signatures) and postage - seems expensive for me to resend them back (not sure who to write to even).  

THanks Paul

IMG_7591.jpeg

I'd definitely be sending that back in as a mechanical error.

Hurry though - they only allow it for a few weeks after you get the book back from them.

Mechanical Error returns are FREE including FREE shipping back to them.

Edited by PDidds

On 4/1/2024 at 2:50 AM, Paul Ng said:

Just relesed that Roy is accredited for co-creating Wolverine.  

He's kinda "self crediting" and no one is really disputing it since he's Roy f-ing Thomas.  But once he's gone, I doubt the comic community will continue to note him against Wolverine.  He was EIC when Wolverine was created.  He waited until Len, Herb and Stan were all dead - and came out saying he suggested the name Wolverine and the country Canada in editor sessions.  Marvel didn't seem to protest much and put his name on the movie credits.  I don't think it'll last after Roy dies.  I intentionally did NOT get Roy to sign my book because it's kinda like stolen valor in my opinion.

On 6/15/2024 at 11:04 AM, Paul Ng said:

THanks Paul

IMG_7591.jpeg

You’re sure it’s not on the back label? Usually with books with many sigs (too many to list on the front label with a custom label) they put the additional ones on the back.