• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny X-Men 130 - front cover / top
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Quick question.

Im shopping around for a nice UXM 130 and ive noticed that most copies have a weird decect/tear at the top of the font cover, along the white line of cover art.

Is it a tear from being pulled during manufacturing?...kind of like the bottom of most copies of ASM 361?

Not all copies have it but Im seeing many high grade copies that do.

Thanks.

Are you talking about the white line just above the "O" in Marvel Comics Group?  That's part of the artwork; it's a white line that you can see continuing through the logo and finishes pointing at her disco ball necklace charm thing

On 2/27/2024 at 10:54 AM, Sal said:

Are you talking about the white line just above the "O" in Marvel Comics Group?  That's part of the artwork; it's a white line that you can see continuing through the logo and finishes pointing at her disco ball necklace charm thing

Not the line itself, but Ive noticed that on most copies there seems to be what looks like a tear along that white line.

Check out some copies on Ebay and youll see what im saying.

It's a common defect in that book. I'm unsure how CGC handles it as I mostly avoid Dazzler books. Roller-skating disco queens weren't fan favorites back then.

It was almost as if they decided to take everything the fan base disliked, roll it into a character, and force-feed it on the public.  

On 2/27/2024 at 1:30 PM, shadroch said:

It's a common defect in that book. I'm unsure how CGC handles it as I mostly avoid Dazzler books. Roller-skating disco queens weren't fan favorites back then.

It was almost as if they decided to take everything the fan base disliked, roll it into a character, and force-feed it on the public.  

I hear you but I cant leave a hole in my collection...

...or can I?

hm