• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A handful of GA Detective Magazines. Real Police Stories, etc. CLOSED, moved to the bay
1 1

24 posts in this topic

I wanted to offer these here before Ebay. I have been selling here successfully since I joined, I dont run these threads often anymore but maybe that will change.

I have a small stack of GA Detective Magazines, Crime Magazines and thought they would be appreciated here.

Normal terms :takeit: gets the book, PM reasonable offers.

No HOS/PL please and thank you.

Payment via paypal, check, MO. (I don't know if we are permitted to use cashap, zelle, etc.)

Returns are easy, if you aren't happy send it back. Returns are on buyers dime unless I missed something and it was misrepresented.

Shipping on these will be $5.99 (they are oversized and not light) via Ground Advantage. $2.00 each additional magazine.

Out of country is fine, it will be whatever buyer prefers for method and exact cost. 

I typically ship daily, so most items will ship within 24hrs of received payment.

If you made it this far, congratulations! You win nothing ^^

Edited by Old Fashion PB and J

Killer mags.  They're in nice shape, too, which tends to be pretty rare.  It's a weird collecting area because it attracts all different sorts.  I mostly hunt painted covers and early crime content (Dillinger, Capone, etc) or "keys", but you also get collectors that go after girl photos (of which these are some great examples), or collectors that like juvenile delinquent or fifties kitsch, or collectors that are into gore/crime photos :insane: 

I've picked a lot up in cheap lots, but sellers tend to figure out when they have an extra cool one and list those singly.

My fave here is the May 53 Daring Detective with the classic Spirit #22 or Breezy Stories April 1935 sort of pose.

Your prices are reasonable and maybe even low.  It's an area where people impulse buy based on their love of a particular cover.

I was going to tell you that the bottom True Detective is priced too high (even as a file copy with WW2 appeal) as the mailing label can detract, but note the recipient.  Walter Gibson, author of The Shadow ;)  Gibson also was a frequent contributor to true crime mags.

Tagging Lowell here, too. @Surfing Alien   I know he likes some of these as well.

Edited by Darwination

On 2/27/2024 at 10:54 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

True Detective #6 Sept.1943  F C/OW pgs. super light foxing interior cover. $65.00 (marked as file copy) Awesome WW2 propaganda!

20240227_104807.jpg

20240227_104839.jpg

Might as well. Take please. Cool label. I have a bunch of his file crime does not pay copies that sold at Sotheby’s in the day. 

Edited by ThothAmon

On 2/27/2024 at 1:13 PM, Darwination said:

Killer mags.  They're in nice shape, too, which tends to be pretty rare.  It's a weird collecting area because it attracts all different sorts.  I mostly hunt painted covers and early crime content (Dillinger, Capone, etc) or "keys", but you also get collectors that go after girl photos (of which these are some great examples), or collectors that like juvenile delinquent or fifties kitsch, or collectors that are into gore/crime photos :insane: 

I've picked a lot up in cheap lots, but sellers tend to figure out when they have an extra cool one and list those singly.

My fave here is the May 53 Daring Detective with the classic Spirit #22 or Breezy Stories April 1935 sort of pose.

Your prices are reasonable and maybe even low.  It's an area where people impulse buy based on their love of a particular cover.

I was going to tell you that the bottom True Detective is priced too high (even as a file copy with WW2 appeal) as the mailing label can detract, but note the recipient.  Walter Gibson, author of The Shadow ;)  Gibson also was a frequent contributor to true crime mags.

Tagging Lowell here, too. @Surfing Alien   I know he likes some of these as well.

Thanks, I'm a painted cover guy as well but these are better photo covers with the bondage angle on most of them. Of course, the two I'd be most interested in were both quite smartly snagged already :( Nice pickups ThothAmon (thumbsu

On 2/27/2024 at 1:13 PM, Darwination said:

I was going to tell you that the bottom True Detective is priced too high (even as a file copy with WW2 appeal) as the mailing label can detract, but note the recipient.  Walter Gibson, author of The Shadow ;) Gibson also was a frequent contributor to true crime mags.

I appreciate the input and always happy to learn more. I'm a superhero and PCH fan primarily, these were in a large collection and knew some members here would enjoy them! 

On 2/27/2024 at 5:02 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Crime/Detective mags are severely underappreciated.  All of the books you have are pretty desirable photo covers.  Cool stuff, sir!  :headbang:

Appreciate it, I figured the Spirit would go quick.