• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drawing by Charles M. Schulz, is it authentic or fake??
1 1

16 posts in this topic

These are tough Javier. Unless its dirt....dirt...cheap like twenty bucks, stay away. Is there any verifiable provenace for the piece? I'm not talking about COA's which are worthless in our hobby. Just provenance... like a chain of ownership to atleast see if the story matches the art.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:10 AM, grapeape said:

These are tough Javier. Unless its dirt....dirt...cheap like twenty bucks, stay away. Is there any verifiable provenace for the piece? I'm not talking about COA's which are worthless in our hobby. Just provenance... like a chain of ownership to atleast see if the story matches the art.

its a waste of twenty bucks in this case, unfortunately.

On 2/29/2024 at 4:59 AM, javiersanchez said:

Hi, everyone, I have came across this drawing for sale. Can any expert on Schulz tell me if this is a drawing from him or a fake? 

I would appreciate any feedback.

Warm regards, javier

ALWAYSBETONFAKE.jpg.86c2223e437adcb493628925f161f9d0.jpg

On 2/29/2024 at 9:58 PM, tth2 said:

Wouldn't it being dirt cheap be one of the first clues that it's fake?

I said that to emphasize NOT to risk money. I don't know the OP so I'm hoping to talk him/her out of making a mistake they can't live with.

With Kane pieces, I guess I’m in the minority in that I always believe the COAs are legit. Those pieces are certified fakes, as opposed to all those other unauthorized fakes floating around. So that COA gives me a great deal of piece of mind.

No idea why you are so SO untrusting. Sheesh.

On 3/1/2024 at 3:00 PM, batman_fan said:

I look at Schulz Sketches exactly the same way I look at Bob Kane Sketches.

”Huh, wonder who faked that one, oh look a certificate of authenticity, that reminds me, I need to pick up toilet paper”

FL seller has sgd Romero Joker drawing , prolly fake