• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low Cost Big and Small Comic Lots For Sale: EC Reprints, Thor, Weird Western Tales/Jonah Hex, GrimJack, Doc Savage, Batman, Daredevil, more…
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have several boxes of book runs or sequential issues I’ve kept over the years that had intriguing stories, good art, were part of my original PC or all of the above.  I’d like to offer them here as individual lots so that anyone with an interest in the character (or good stories) will have some nice reading.  Some of the larger lots will practically provide an instant collection of the title (actually, no “practically” about it since a couple of the bigger lots have a run of a few hundred same-titled issues).  Due to their selling in lots, I’ll be generalizing about the book conditions, but to make up for lack of specifics, I’ll be conservative and undergrade their description.  They should grade mostly high but if it will be better if I 1) noted a borderline VFN as FN and just leave it at that 2) price the lot to sell well below whatever FMV is currently and 3) include shipping.  If that’s not enough to justify the prices, why… there’s more!  Be on the lookout for some added free bonus items within the lots as well.  With that in mind, again, I’m not looking at them as investments rather they are presented for reading enjoyment - not really profit-making.  If they go into someone’s PC or someone spots an item to make money on, then… great! 

As some lots range into 1985, I’m going to post the required ones here while the main thread with older lots is at Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only.  This will take some time and I will be updating the Lot List periodically as I get through different boxes.

Payment:  PayPal or checks (must clear).  I think my bank (TD) has Zelle, so if you are familiar enough to use it then that’s fine also.

Shipping:  Only to the US and is already included.  Smaller lots will go via USPS while FedEx ground will be used for the heavier boxes.  Insurance is covered up to $100.00 as per either of these shipping company’s guidelines and few lots will have an ask over that amount but extra insurance can be provided/requested at cost. 

Returns:  No returns.  They’ll be enough quantity, enough reading matter and enough cheapness to grant satisfaction.  (I think, anyway).  

Miscellanea:  No HoS or Probation List buyers.  “Take It” time stamp in the thread will determine lot sales.  PM with any questions or if a specific lot item picture is requested.

Thank you for looking.

Lot List: 

Grimjack Lot #1-#22 and #25 (Anniversary Issue)

Doc Savage Magazine Lot #1-#8  POSTED IN GA/SA/BA ONLY

Batman Lot #291-#294  POSTED IN GA/SA/BA ONLY

Weird Western Tales/Jonah Hex Lot of 89 Issues  POSTED IN GA/SA/BA ONLY

EC Reprint Lot of 67 Issues (Weird Science, Tales From the Crypt and ShockSuspenstories)

The Question Lot of 41 Issues

Daredevil Lot (TBD)

Thor Lot (TBD)

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Added new issues

Posted (edited)

GrimJack Lot of  23 issues (1-22 and #25 /Anniversary Issue) from the 1984 series published by First.  Great science fiction, noir-ish story arcs featuring the mercenary John Gaunt,  mostly written by John Ostrander with art by Timothy Truman among others.  The books are in great shape with good corners, little to no spine ticks and great cover gloss.  Some of the darker covers were purposely selected for the scans to showcase their condition which, pre-CGC with their microscopes, would have probably been VFN-NM.  I’ll call them VFN- and list at 35.00 shipped.

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G5.jpg

G6.jpg

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Highlighted text

Posted (edited)

:news:  SOLD

EC Reprint Lot of 67 Issues (Weird Science, Tales From the Crypt and ShockSuspenstories).  From the 1992 Gemstone reprints, this Lot has Tales From the Crypt 1-30 (missing #19), Weird Science 1-22 (also missing #19… hmmm) and Shock SuspenStories 1-17 (Hah! Never reached #19!).  They’re only 30 years old so books are really crisp, with sharp corners, minimal spine ticks, great cover gloss and mostly W pages, easily VFN+ and better, so I’ll grade them as OW/W FN+.  Asking 120.00 shipped.

ec1.JPG

ec2.jpg

ec5.JPG

ec6.JPG

ec7.jpg

ec8.JPG

ec9.JPG

ec10.jpg

ec11.jpeg

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Marked as sold

On 3/3/2024 at 1:42 PM, SeniorSurfer said:

EC Reprint Lot of 67 Issues (Weird Science, Tales From the Crypt and ShockSuspenstories).  From the 1992 Gemstone reprints, this Lot has Tales From the Crypt 1-30 (missing #19), Weird Science 1-22 (also missing #19… hmmm) and Shock SuspenStories 1-17 (Hah! Never reached #19!).  They’re only 30 years old so books are really crisp, with sharp corners, minimal spine ticks, great cover gloss and mostly W pages, easily VFN+ and better, so I’ll grade them as OW/W FN+.  Asking 120.00 shipped.

ec1.JPG

ec2.jpg

ec5.JPG

ec6.JPG

ec7.jpg

ec8.JPG

ec9.JPG

ec10.jpg

ec11.jpeg

:takeit:

Posted (edited)

The Question Lot of 41 Issues.  Almost the entire DC run of the 1987 thought-provoking Dennis O’Neil scripted Zen-like faceless philosophical detective (morphed from the original Ditko Mr. A character from Charlton who was more a believer in Objectivism), this Lot has #1-35 with both Annuals 1 and 2.  Highly regarded series (Lovett from Comic Book ranks him among the “5 greatest detectives in comics” while Hannigan from Vocal has him first among “top 5 most unique superhero comics you’ve never heard of”) and well-worth a read. The books themselves are also very crisp, flat with sharp corners and should be graded at VFN+ or better so, as before, I’ll call them FN+ instead.  NOTE:  Any wrinkles like what appear on #12 and 17 are a product of the poly bag, not the book.  FREE BONUS:  Will add the 1990 Question Quarterly Issues  #1, 3-5 also for those who still want to lurk around the dark side of human nature.  Asking just over a buck a book(!) at 45.00 shipped.

q1.JPG

q2.JPG

q3.JPG

q5.jpg

q7.jpg

q9.jpg

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Added a word