• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex is forging customers signatures for Direct Signatures Required packages
4 4

71 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2024 at 10:27 PM, Lightning55 said:

FedEx left 5 boxes of 25 slabs each in my driveway, in the rain. About $25k worth, and I have a covered front porch. Signed my name for them.

20220109_141306.jpg.fa0a284374815162eade5a9a2f398229.jpg

A year ago, they dropped off a box of 2 comics worth $100 each at the wrong address, signed my name. I reported it to CGC, and it was never located. I checked in from time to time regarding the claim. They're "getting to it soon", has been the response.

They figure you will give up eventually, since you have no leverage. 

OMFG

On 3/3/2024 at 11:27 PM, Lightning55 said:

FedEx left 5 boxes of 25 slabs each in my driveway, in the rain. About $25k worth, and I have a covered front porch. Signed my name for them.

20220109_141306.jpg.fa0a284374815162eade5a9a2f398229.jpg

A year ago, they dropped off a box of 2 comics worth $100 each at the wrong address, signed my name. I reported it to CGC, and it was never located. I checked in from time to time regarding the claim. They're "getting to it soon", has been the response.

They figure you will give up eventually, since you have no leverage. 

The driver should be fired for this :censored:.  Too lazy to even bring them up to your porch.

On 3/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, andrew parker said:

That's simply how these cameras work depending how you set the sensitivity of the device. If you set it too high, you get hundreds of videos daily of cars driving by on the road, squirrels on the sidewalk, etc. If you set it in the middle, you get the videos when people enter your lawn. All of these doorbell cameras don't record a continuous feed, they only record when there is motion activity and it's going to take a second or two for it to kick it once the motion triggers it.

Not to get off topic too much, but the Nest wired doorbell, and all their cameras if they are connected to a power supply, with a subscription will record continuously. 10 days of 24/7 video history. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/4/2024 at 1:53 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Not to get off topic too much, but the Nest wired doorbell, and all their cameras if they are connected to a power supply, with a subscription will record continuously. 10 days of 24/7 video history. 

The 24/7 recording subscription can be costly though.

On 3/4/2024 at 11:26 PM, andrew parker said:

The 24/7 recording subscription can be costly though.

The $120 a year is peace of mind mostly, but it has come in handy a few times. I’ve definitely spent $120 on worse and probably will continue to do so. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Is it possible to have a FedEx package held at a hub or store for pickup?  I pick up my UPS packages at a local UPS store to avoid any issues.  I'm aware that may not be possible depending on peoples' location and is an added inconvenience that we shouldn't have to do because of these companies' failings, but it would provide some peace of mind on high value packages.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:21 AM, royaluglydudes said:

Is it possible to have a FedEx package held at a hub or store for pickup?  I pick up my UPS packages at a local UPS store to avoid any issues.  I'm aware that may not be possible depending on peoples' location and is an added inconvenience that we shouldn't have to do because of these companies' failings, but it would provide some peace of mind on high value packages.

Yes, it is possible to have a FedEx delivery routed to your local hub for pickup.

I've posted this elsewhere in another delivery thread, but I have my packages delivered to a relative's house due to my travel / work schedule.
(visit them once a month or so to pick up my various packages)
If no one is home FedEx will usually attempt twice, but on the third time without fail they will sign my name.

On 3/4/2024 at 4:23 AM, wardevil0 said:

FedEx routinely signs "for" me, but I wouldn't say it's a problem.  I prefer this over failing to deliver for a week by coming to my house at 10:24am Monday through Friday...

The fact that you can't use the "Manage Delivery" function to redirect the package to a FedEx store is baffling.

Oh. It's a problem. They aren't supposed to sign. The CUSTOMER is supposed to sign. This is a matter of security. Absolutely unacceptable. 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:30 AM, Artboy99 said:

Yes I have had this happen to me, both as receiving the package and as the sender of the package.

It seems this is happening all over the country where the drivers are forging the recipients signature for delivery acceptance. So, FedEx is collecting money (around $6 per package) for a service they have no intention of performing. Imagine how many millions of dollars FedEx is receiving per day for Direct, Indirect, or Adult Signature required service and then not performed their contracted obligation. it's amazing that there hasn't been a class action lawsuit on this yet. They finally got caught out on rolling back their odometers before selling their used vehicles, so maybe it's just a matter of time before the forgery fraud comes to light.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:29 AM, namisgr said:

Yes, it is possible to have a FedEx delivery routed to your local hub for pickup.

CGC has something set in their shipments where the packages can't be rerouted to be picked up at a FedEx hub or at a local business like Staples, Walgreens, or Office Depot.

I pay for a PO Box annually just for my comic purchases. It's the best $150ish bucks I spend a year. Never have to worry about porch pirates or underpaid and overworked delivery drivers.

Edited by Tnexus

On 3/5/2024 at 8:42 AM, andrew parker said:

It seems this is happening all over the country where the drivers are forging the recipients signature for delivery acceptance. So, FedEx is collecting money (around $6 per package) for a service they have no intention of performing. Imagine how many millions of dollars FedEx is receiving per day for Direct, Indirect, or Adult Signature required service and then not performed their contracted obligation. it's amazing that there hasn't been a class action lawsuit on this yet. They finally got caught out on rolling back their odometers before selling their used vehicles, so maybe it's just a matter of time before the forgery fraud comes to light.

This isnt new. 

I remember during COVID, it was common for pretty much every logistics company to simply "safe drop" your parcel on the porch and then leave. No signature required, even for the most expensive tier of shipping or ones marked as signatures being absolutely critical. They simply did not care due to social distancing. The only safest way to have things shipped was to a post office for pick-up instead.

The problem post-COVID is that a lot of companies still use an adapted form of this system they used for COVID, as an excuse to save on costs and expenses. They realized they could make millions more by not caring too much about parcels, and simply expect people to file claims or lawsuits (to which they attempt to use scare tactics or legalese to sneak their way out of). It's kind of like a company deliberately selling faulty products and expecting people to return/RMA them, but only 10% or less do since most people in the world can't be bothered and would rather just throw the product out.

One way to help secure a package (besides forwarding it to the post office) is to send it with a true value stated for insurance. All logistics companies will always put a bit more emphasis on parcels that are worth a lot, as they do not want to lose money on them. But this does typically mean taking losses on customs and duties if they are not domestic parcels.