• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Important Update - Marshall Rogers & Steve Englehart Detective Comics #471 Complete 17-Page Story Production Color Guides (DC, 1977)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi, all;

I've consigned the complete 17 page story colour guides for Detective Comics #471, written by Steve Englehart, Penciled by Marshall Rogers and hand-painted by Jerry Serpe, with additional colour updates by Marshall Rogers when the story was reprinted in the 1980's Shadow of the Batman mini-series (Baxter paper).

For whatever reason, Heritage chose to pile all 17 pages on top of one another for a crowded group shot and I feel it doesn't do the lot justice (Splash, Boss Thorne, Silver St. Cloud, Batman in Action, Monster Men, return of Hugo Strange, Batman ID revealed!), so I've attached additional pics to better highlight the published splash page, and pages with Batman and other key characters in the story.

Here's the link to the lot at auction:  Jerry Serpe Detective Comics #471 Complete 17-Page Story Production | Lot #46258 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 2

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 3

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 5

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 6

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 8

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 9

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 10

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 12

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 13

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 14

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 16

Detective Comics (1937) issue 471 - Page 18

Edited by jjonahjameson11

Had my bidding finger primed and ready to go for tonight's auction. This was a great set of color guides from a tremendous issues. Sadly, just got note from HA saying the lot had been withdrawn....

Hi, all

i was notified by Heritage that they were working on scanning and uploading all 17 pages.  However, they are not able to complete the task in a timely manner and removed the lot from the auction.

as soon as they confirm the rescheduled date for this lot, I will let you know on this thread.