• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I grade or not?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I just recently got back into collecting and one of my better cards is a 96 topps Kobe card. I will attach pics of it and would welcome any thoughts if I should get it graded. Thank you for you time

IMG_2709.jpeg

IMG_2710.jpeg

I guess the answer really lies with what your goals are.  If you simply want to protect the card, assure it is authentic,  have a grade for registry, etc, then go ahead and grade it.   If you are hoping to increase the value by a huge amount, then I wouldn’t.  The bottom left corner is pretty well nicked and it looks like on the backside, a few corners have some issues, so I don’t see it grading any better than an 8,  on the very high end, but it would likely end up lower.  There are plenty of NM and NM/MT Kobe’s out there, so that is why I say it won’t add a tremendous amount of value by grading.