• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone else go to the Pittsburgh Comic Con today? Not good :(

5 posts in this topic

I'd have to say that it seemed a little smaller this year. Some of the dealers that usually attend went to Wondercon frown.gif Also there wern't as many CGC books as I would have expected and over grading was rampant. I wanted to buy certain books and people wouldn't budge. People were grading books VF/NM that had bad foxing and dirty back covers. I've got to say I was dissapointed. I did however buy a book from Superworld and Motor City Comics and was happy with them.

Ericc123

Aparantly the switch in Location from oakland to San Francisco caused WonderCon to be the same weekend as Pittsburgh. Harley Yee was supposed to to to both (when the dates were seperated by a week). Is Harley in Pittsburgh this week?

No he went to wonder con and that drove me nuts cus he had like four books I wanted. I went up to Bob Storms who was there and asked about Harley and he said that he was at wonder con this year. To say the least I was bummed.

Ericc123

No he went to wonder con and that drove me nuts

Sorry to hear you missed out on Harley.At least I'll get a chence to see him. He may have some horror (usually does).

I am bummed that Ted (Superworld) elected to go to Pittsburgh this year. Was really looking forward to talking in person with him again.

I go every year, it's always like this. They need more dealers and less artists. They think people want to see "dawn of the dead" actors (why)? They need to move it to the the new convention center in downtown PGH and get away from Monroville. Just wait until Sunday afternoon about 2:00pm you'll get some deals then....