• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
2 2

5 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2024 at 7:10 AM, Latverian Tourism Board said:

Hello, all. I put a Tradd Moore Silver Surfer: Black page up for sale in my CAF. Here’s the listing, link, and a pic. Feel free to reach out with any questions. As always, I’ll take it or full price offer here ends the listing. 

For Sale

I’m offering a page from the final battle between Silver Surfer and Knull from Tradd Moore’s Silver Surfer: Black. Norrin prepares himself for one last heroic sacrifice. 

I’m ok with either a straight sale, or cash plus trade. PayPal (we’ll need to discuss fees if you use G&S), Venmo, Zelle, or personal check. I’m open to time payments. Offers considered! For trade options: Kirby, EC horror pages, Sal Buscema Hulk battle pages (prefer his pencils and inks), Secret Wars Zeck, Tradd Moore Dr Strange, and I like many other artists, so feel free to reach out if you want me to look at trade possibilities in your collection. Thanks for looking, and have a great day! 

$26,000 or Cash + Trade offer

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=2002428

IMG_3782.thumb.jpeg.c5d2d9f4188f0d23f84ad263da96e79d.jpeg

I think the drops Felix orchestrates for his artists is brilliant. The model works for him. I'm not sure many other dealers can do it like Felix. The problem for me is when I heard Felix was dropping a whole book, I just didn't have time to figure out how the drop works. I didn't get a page from this great series. I wish you well. I probably made a huge mistake after those drops by posting a thread on CGC specifically praising the art. Conjecture over valuations soared, and as I tried to buy a page in the $4500 range, people didn't want to sell or I was outpaced by other collectors with deep pockets.

I wish you well. I think I need to see one of the SSB pages go through Heritage to properly see what the market will value the pages at. You were smart (and maybe lucky?) to get this page. Good luck.

Edited by grapeape

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 4:55 PM, grapeape said:

I think the drops Felix orchestrates for his artists is brilliant. The model works for him. I'm not sure many other dealers can do it like Felix. The problem for me is when I heard Felix was dropping a whole book, I just didn't have time to figure out how the drop works. I didn't get a page from this great series. I wish you well. I probably made a huge mistake after those drops by posting a thread on CGC specifically praising the art. Conjecture over valuations soared, and as I tried to by a page in the $4500 range, people didn't want to sell or I was outpaced by other collectors with deep pockets.

I wish you well. I think I need to see one of the SSB pages go through Heritage to properly see what the market will value the pages at. You were smart (and maybe lucky?) to get this page. Good luck.

Actually, I was not one of the lucky ones that got it from Felix’s original drop. I had to pay a premium to get it from another person’s collection, because they almost never show up in auction or for sale. Privately, these sell for $30k+ between collectors. I’m trying to put one on the market that is attainable by dropping the price, and offering a trade plus cash option.

Edit to add: And my wife would hotly contest that smart stuff😁 Also, thanks for the well-wishes. 

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board