• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do signed Spider-Man #1 now get Yellow labels?

4 posts in this topic

With the acquisition of JSA will the 1990 promotional Spider-Man #1 McFarlane Signed books with the red spider stamp get Yellow labels and add a new set of books for us crazy completionists to add to our need to get graded versions of the book lists?

No official announcement yet that I’ve seen.  The official announcement makes it seem like they’ll make an announcement in April with more details 

They'll get some CGC approval, but I doubt they will be yellow labels.  CGC would be foolish to try to merge authenticated books with witnessed books. 

I get what you are saying and it’s a great point about having a new color for the authenticated books but then that makes them also have to make new labels instead of maybe added just a “authenticated” to the yellow label on some part of the label.  Because of not keeping them all yellow the move makes no sense to compete with CBCS that just has one color label for all signatures.