• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reflexion: If a day this mess fall definitly the moderns will win
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 12:43 AM, thehumantorch said:

I decided to check.  Picked Fantastic Four 48 because it's a key and it's common and selling all the time.

In 6.0 it was worth an average of $1900 in Dec 2020 and Jan 2024 it was worth an average of $1700.  So it's worth slightly less than before the price runup which would make sense considering prices tend to run too high and then run too low.

Jan 2020 or Dec 2019? I was wondering where it was when things were good, but before the madness of later 2020/21, Dec 2020 is right at the  madness no? With that said, things were sill silly into 2022, right? I remember conversations with a young guy in April/May 2022 who started at my office and he was hot and heavy into speculation.

Edited by the blob

On 4/2/2024 at 9:24 AM, the blob said:

Jan 2020 or Dec 2019? I was wondering where it was when things were good, but before the madness of later 2020/21, Dec 2020 is right at the  madness no? With that said, things were sill silly into 2022, right? I remember conversations with a young guy in April/May 2022 who started at my office and he was hot and heavy into speculation.

Sales were pretty steady for the 2 year period 2019 and 2020 and then prices explode right at the end of 2020.  I'd imagine it was the same for every SA and BA key.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:15 AM, thehumantorch said:

Sales were pretty steady for the 2 year period 2019 and 2020 and then prices explode right at the end of 2020.  I'd imagine it was the same for every SA and BA key.

Marvels SA and BA keys were hit harder as they popped higher than DCs. I wish the Neal Adams Bats and Tecs dropped further so I can accumulate more for cheap, but they have held up well for the most part with GPA low prices creeping up YOY from 2019 on the big books. 

some of you guys need to start making clever ticktoks and instagrams like they do with sneakers and pokemon/sports cards.  Get the youths to see comics that way.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:15 PM, thehumantorch said:

There was a "sky is falling" period in the beginning of covid

On 3/31/2024 at 4:24 PM, thehumantorch said:

I guess I follow you.  If I have a bunch of worthless stuff it can't fall any further and will always be worthless.  Of course all that worthless bulk takes up a ton of room and is tough to sell.  A dollar over and over takes a long time to add up.

It wasn't that long ago that almost anything seemed like it could become not worthless overnight and I'm not just talking about 2020/21.