• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mass Copy Pedigree: Batman #363 - What markings to look for?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I recently submitted an MJ Batman #363 for grading.  It's showing on the submission as a "Mass Copy" pedigree (yet to be graded).  I didn't realize I had one of these.  How could I have determined this?  How did CGC determine this? 

Thanks in advance. 

According to CGC's own guide to pedigrees:

Mass Copy

Marnin Rosenberg discovered this collection after responding to an ad in the Comic Buyers Guide in 1993. It contained approximately 4,000 comic books from the '60s to the '80s, including near complete runs of Marvel, DC, Gold Key, Charlton and ACG titles. Because The owner had stored the books in neat one-foot high stacks, making the preservation exceptional. The books do not exhibit any consistent markings, and much of the collection was assimilated without certificates.

So, it's more likely they mis-entered Mark Jewelers as Mass by going one step too far on the drop-down menu.  

Any update?