• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BID / ASK ---- ALWAYS HIT THE ASK

59 posts in this topic

You said the key word[offer] What people offer and what they ACTUALLY pay are two different animals.I know that 99 percent of the krazy offers are just that[an offer] words and nothing more.They will never back it up in most cases with hard cash.The batman 11 going for 200k[almost] is because Batman is a tier 1 star,and it is probably the earliest cover in exsistance for Batman.

The problem with Cap is he is a Teir 2 star and cannot command Batmans dollars.

Even with a first appearence and cover.

You said the key word[offer] What people offer and what they ACTUALLY pay are two different animals.I know that 99 percent of the krazy offers are just that[an offer] words and nothing more.They will never back it up in most cases with hard cash.The batman 11 going for 200k[almost] is because Batman is a tier 1 star,and it is probably the earliest cover in exsistance for Batman.

The problem with Cap is he is a Teir 2 star and cannot command Batmans dollars.

Even with a first appearence and cover.

Action1- while I don't disagree with you completely, I believe that there can be no doubt that the Cap 1 cover would easily bring 500k. I would pay it... and if I would then some heavy hitters would surely top me! It's just too damn bad that that cover does not exist! I would like to take a run at it. For me, Cap is top tier, it's the number 1, it's Kirby!!!... plus it's a great, great piece of ART! Dan

ill say it again.An offer does not establish a price level.A sale does.

With that said,ill offer you 20 billion dollars for the cover to AF15.I suppose that offer means the AF15 cover is now worth 20 billion.

Only a sale can establish a price plateau.You have been using OFFERS to establish a price level.That is wrong.Offers in many many instances are smoke.

ill say it again.An offer does not establish a price level.A sale does.

With that said,ill offer you 20 billion dollars for the cover to AF15.I suppose that offer means the AF15 cover is now worth 20 billion.

Only a sale can establish a price plateau.You have been using OFFERS to establish a price level.That is wrong.Offers in many many instances are smoke.

Plus, people make up offers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap 1 might pick up over 500K under these extraordinary certain conditions.

1) No other Early Cap Covers are for sale at the time, of the Cap 1 sale.

2) Little or no GA key covers are for sale at the time, of the Cap 1 sale.

3) There is a serious, widely publized media push to get Cap some recognition. Such as a CA Movie that is actually a blockbuster.

4) The US economy is not in a recession.

If all of those conditionary planets align, yes Cap 1 has a chance to pick up over 500K.

Cap 1 might pick up over 500K under these extraordinary certain conditions.

1) No other Early Cap Covers are for sale at the time, of the Cap 1 sale.

2) Little or no GA key covers are for sale at the time, of the Cap 1 sale.

3) There is a serious, widely publized media push to get Cap some recognition. Such as a CA Movie that is actually a blockbuster.

4) The US economy is not in a recession.

If all of those conditionary planets align, yes Cap 1 has a chance to pick up over 500K.

Sorry, I humbly disagree with all of your conditions. The only reason that the Cap 1 cover would not sell for 500k is that it does not exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makepoint.gif

Offer this,Offer that....smoke,smoke ,smoke.

The fact is that the Batman 11 art price[A sale] Is the holy grail of Original art[price wise]

At least its backed up by fact.The art pieces your speculating with dont even exsist .[and youre making offers on them.]

I hate taking the side of KK, but I have to agree with him about the Cap 1 cover.

That would hit 500K before you could blink.

The highest price offered for a comic was 1-2mil, right? Parrino for the Dentist's Action #1. We can all agree that is THE Grail of comics, right? The best copy in existence.

Why do you guys have a hard time believing that the one-of-a-kind cover to the first issue of one of the longest lived superhero's of all would not even reach 25% of the offer price on the Church Action #1? It's not like the character is the Submariner. It's Captain America for crying out loud. I'd bet that a large majority of the population has at least heard of him. Or could pick him out of a line-up.

I think it's a lock that cover would break 500K.

The highest price offered for a comic was 1-2mil, right? Parrino for the Dentist's Action #1. We can all agree that is THE Grail of comics, right? The best copy in existence

That was a worthless offer by a man who is no longer in comics.So much for his faith in comicbooks.

The art pieces your speculating with dont even exsist .[and youre making offers on them.]

If this is addressed to me... I don't mind making offers on pieces that don't exist. You don't have to believe them, but I'm just saying that the Cap 1 cover is one of the very, very, very few pieces that I would pay that much for. Obviously, I wouldn't pay 200k for the Batman 11... since I didn't. There are very, very, very few things I would pay 200k for or that I think are worth 200k. In twenty years maybe, now no.

Under Krazys assumption that an offer establishes a price level, i offer 3 million for the cap1 cover. The cover is now worth 3 million dollars!! See, youre all wrong.

That was my point.... people make up offers.

Oh Mr. Forman,..you are so clever,...so let me ask you this ?

where do you put the meat,heh ?

abruzzosausage.jpg

PS - A sale price is nothing more than that,..it doesnt connotate worth. Just because I wont sell my X-Men # 1 Cover,...and it thus last sold for $2500 to me,..doesnt make the piece worth the last sale price !

Exactly.Most of them are by far and away worthless.J.Ps alledged offer for the mile high action one is an example.Hes left the comicbook market intirely.So much for his faith in comicbooks.He never would have backed up that empty offer.

Judge a man more by his actions than his words because the two rarely match up

Under Krazys assumption that an offer establishes a price level, i offer 3 million for the cap1 cover. The cover is now worth 3 million dollars!! See, youre all wrong.

That was my point.... people make up offers.

Oh Mr. Forman,..you are so clever,...so let me ask you this ?

where do you put the meat,heh ?

abruzzosausage.jpg

What does that mean? I'm clever and stupid... all at the same time tongue.gif

PS - A sale price is nothing more than that,..it doesnt connotate worth. Just because I wont sell my X-Men # 1 Cover,...and it thus last sold for $2500 to me,..doesnt make the piece worth the last sale price !

That was not what I was trying to argue. But, I also guarantee with my very soul if I'm wrong, that you have never had any offer for YOUR X-men #1 cover! Mr. Forman p.s. last sale price wasn't $2500.

hi.gif

All I would say about worth is that you have to use something as a guide... and very often people use past sales to indicate worth in this world. The more recent the comp the more people will hold it true. Also, most people take into account subjective factors like whether the example is better or worse than the comp. Yes, rarity plays a role, but there might also be substitutes. Ugg, this making my head hurt... damm you KK, me no like thinking art, me like looking art....