• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BID / ASK ---- ALWAYS HIT THE ASK

59 posts in this topic

That was not what I was trying to argue. But, I also guarantee with my very soul if I'm wrong, that you have never had any offer for YOUR X-men #1 cover! Mr. Forman p.s. last sale price wasn't $2500.

All I would say about worth is that you have to use something as a guide... and very often people use past sales to indicate worth in this world. The more recent the comp the more people will hold it true. Also, most people take into account subjective factors like whether the example is better or worse than the comp. Yes, rarity plays a role, but there might also be substitutes. Ugg, this making my head hurt... damm you KK, me no like thinking art, me like looking art....

Agreed!!!!!!!

OK, Speaking of John Berk,lets talk about something that actually exsists.

What do you think the cover art to Planet comics #1 IS WORTH?

Lets deal with something real.

Well, I hate to speculate about someone else's art who isn't present, but it's got to be in the 100k+ range. Dan

1032265-Kanye.jpg

Now I ain't sayin' KK's an OA pimper, but, with apologies to Kanye West, Jamie Foxx and Timulty:

He pimps OA, endlessly

Yeah he's an OA pimper indeed

Oh he's an OA pimper way over town

That pimps on me

[Chorus:]

(He pimps me OA)

Now I aint sayin he's an OA pimper (Endlessly)

But he aint messin wit no broke collectaz (Ridiculous money)

Now I aint sayin he an OA pimper (For his Kirbys)

but he aint messin wit no broke collectaz (i can't believe)

get down pimper go head get down (i can't believe)

get down pimper go head

1032265-Kanye.jpg.33d39a60d5d87a551117371d58b6bf13.jpg

Exactly.Most of them are by far and away worthless.J.Ps alledged offer for the mile high action one is an example.Hes left the comicbook market intirely.So much for his faith in comicbooks.He never would have backed up that empty offer.

Judge a man more by his actions than his words because the two rarely match up

Didn't he have a full page ad in OS offering 1-mil for a NM Action #1? I wouldn't call that an empty offer. Especially considering his insane buys in the early CGC days.

Why is it hard to believe that he offered up 2 to the Dentist?

And, so what if he's out of comics at this time? There are no qualifiers on who can buy the Cap #1 cover (or whatever piece). Chances are it will be someone with a comic background, but it could be someone just like JP with an interest in collectibles/coins with big money to throw around.

1032265-Kanye.jpg

Now I ain't sayin' KK's an OA pimper, but, with apologies to Kanye West, Jamie Foxx and Timulty:

He pimps OA, endlessly

Yeah he's an OA pimper indeed

Oh he's an OA pimper way over town

That pimps on me

[Chorus:]

(He pimps me OA)

Now I aint sayin he's an OA pimper (Endlessly)

But he aint messin wit no broke collectaz (Ridiculous money)

Now I aint sayin he an OA pimper (For his Kirbys)

but he aint messin wit no broke collectaz (i can't believe)

get down pimper go head

No, apologies needed bro. I suggested this to Kanye first but he wanted something that would reach a wider audience. I think Kanye was right but still, I wonder what the world be like today, if it was OA PIMPER, instead of Gold Digger. insane.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you know, I wonder where we'd all be today pricing wise if JP and Dentist worked out a secret deal. JP buys the Action 1 for 2 million agreeing to sell it back 3 - 5 years later for the same amount. Given JPs level of interest in comics (almost nil) and his overall cynical stab at profiting from them - - - THAT would have been a very smart move... He could even have given it back to Dave for 2,4 million and made so much profit from the subsequent rise in prices on everything else he bought in this scenario to come out ahead overall.

I really think that Geppi would have got 1st crack at that book not perrino.

The dentist and Steve are friends for a long time and he has always wanted this book[back].And let us not forget that Steve is alot wealthier than mr Parrino.So that offer never had a chance to begin with i believe.Also take in to consideration that Mr Parrino has now shown us with his actions how he really feels about comicbooks as investment vehicals.Hes gone!

Yeah, but I don't think that scenario ever had a chance either.

Let's say I own the Action 1. Am I going to let it out of my sight for five years on a flimsy promise that it will be sold back to me? Not 893censored-thumb.gifing likely. hi.gif

you know, I wonder where we'd all be today pricing wise if JP and Dentist worked out a secret deal. JP buys the Action 1 for 2 million agreeing to sell it back 3 - 5 years later for the same amount. Given JPs level of interest in comics (almost nil) and his overall cynical stab at profiting from them - - - THAT would have been a very smart move... He could even have given it back to Dave for 2,4 million and made so much profit from the subsequent rise in prices on everything else he bought in this scenario to come out ahead overall.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN ILLEGAL 'SHAM SALE' 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Yeah, but I don't think that scenario ever had a chance either.

Let's say I own the Action 1. Am I going to let it out of my sight for five years on a flimsy promise that it will be sold back to me? Not 893censored-thumb.gifing likely. hi.gif

ASSUMING DAVE COULD BE TRUSTED, Dave could have maintained possession of the Action 1 with the 2 million put in excrow. The arrangement is so cynivcal and sham-worthy that any rules they both agreed to could have worked. And Geppi neednt nave been slighted since Dave was never selling the book to Parrino - - just announcing it, and hasnt Steve done kinda similar swap-type sales/deals??- The rules change at the tippy top! Like Einstein proposed happens the closer you get to the speed of light. Get Neal Adams back here to explain it!

Actually, I remember in 1986-1987 this sort of "sham transaction" did occur with a copy of Action # 1. I remember the book was "transferred" for about $150,000 between 2 dealers. It was a well known fact that this wasn't a real sale. I can't remember the 'pedigree' on the copy or the 'dealers names', but I am certain on the year of this transaction was 1986-1987. Anybody remember this "sale"?