• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warner Bros.'s THE MATRIX 5 directed by Drew Goddard (TBD)
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Warner Bros. is heading back into The Matrix, and this time Drew Goddard is leading the charge.

Goddard, the fan-favorite writer-director whose credits include The Martian, The Cabin in the Woods and World War Z, has been tapped to write and direct a new Matrix feature for the studio, Warners announced Wednesday.

This will be the first The Matrix film not to directly involve creators Lana and Lilly Wachowski, though Lana Wachowski will act as an executive producer on the new installment.

Loved the "Matrix" when it came out (and still to this day).  It seemed fresh and what they did with the fights were just great.  Everything after the first one (well number 2 and 3, never saw 4) has just been a straight up mess.

This.

And I saw the first half of 4.

Plus, I like Goddard. 

He's a better writer than director, but he also gets a huge pass from me for his stellar work on Daredevil Season 1.

Still not enough for me to get excited for another Matrix sequel.

For 1999 Matrix was innovative and new, which is why it was exceptional 

Today its stale. 

Lets see some NEW art 

Everything these days is a money grab, with a select few exceptions