• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction consignments

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I'm Joseph and I work for British Auctioneers Anderson & Garland.

We've recently received a large consignment of rare comics, including a full collection #1-400 of The Amazing Spiderman, and Tales of Suspense #39, which we will be selling in our upcoming auction on 17th and 18th April, so I'd like to share some highlights here as we begin to upload catalogue details. 

Hopefully this is allowed, and I wish you all the best,

Joseph

joseph@andersonandgarland.com

Edited by Anderson & Garland

Hi all,

Catalogue now live here: https://www.andersonandgarland.com/auction/details/com170424-the-comics-auction/?au=711

Lot: 1 to 271 - 17th Apr, 2024 10:00 GMT
Lot: 272 to 505 - 18th Apr, 2024 10:00 GMT

An auction of Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern comics by Marvel, D.C., and independent publishers; highlights include a complete run of The Amazing Spider-Man from issue number 1 through to 411, Tales of Suspense no. 39 featuring the first appearance of Iron Man and Journey into Mystery no. 83, the first appearance of Thor; these together with thousands of other collectable comics, magazines, artwork, pulp fiction and science fiction books.

image.thumb.png.2663814af885d382b55995391dcb3ff8.png

image.thumb.png.b8764463726d342e73262fae8440d553.png

Anderson and Garland are pleased to announce terrific results from our Comics Auctions held today and yesterday (17/18th April) in Newcastle.

Global participation and deep bidding both in the room and online resulted in over £59,000 across the two day, 505 lot, sale.
Highlights included a complete run of The Amazing Spider-man comics (issues 1-441) realising over £22,000, and a stunning collection of Pulp Fiction magazines totalling over £1,700.

The star lot, a copy of The Amazing Spider-man No. 1, sold for a staggering £5,000 to a British collector.

Auctioneer John Anderson said: “This sale was a fantastic success highlighted not only by the substantial single owner collection of Spider-man comics, but also by the Pulp Fiction anthologies and their magnificent cover art.”

Further highlights included a selection of British science fiction magazine Scoops, which sold for £360, over nine times its initial estimate; and a copy of Journey Into Mystery No.83 by Marvel Comics, containing the first appearance of the super-hero, Thor, selling for over £3,500.

All prices are inclusive of fees (25% + VAT).