• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions June 20-23 Auction is unreal !
2 2

287 posts in this topic

I can only imagine the number of conversations between potential bidders that have occurred on the side. Who is going after what, and how high, who will step aside from bidding for which piece. More than a few items will be won, and not go to the winner, they were won to unlock a trade with another blackhole collector and we may or may not see these in a gallery again, or things that also have not been seen in a generation will suddenly pop up as a result of Roger's art shuffling the deck of what is and isn't publicly displayed. :gossip::ohnoez:

Edited by MyNameIsLegion

On 6/21/2024 at 10:02 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

I can only imagine the number of conversations between potential bidders that have occurred on the side. Who is going after what, and how high, who will step aside from bidding for which piece. More than a few items will be won, and not go to the winner, they were won to unlock a trade with another blackhole collector and we may or may not see these in a gallery again, or things that also have not been seen in a generation will suddenly pop up as a result of Roger's art shuffling the deck of what is and isn't publicly displayed. :gossip::ohnoez:

(shrug)

IMG_0341.jpeg

On 6/21/2024 at 12:25 PM, batman_fan said:

Watching the live bidding is not comforting.

Everyone is flush these days. IMO, there's no reason to believe that prices will be anything but steroidal in this market unless/until something changes for the worse in the bigger picture. 

Looks like they underestimated the time to get through the 1st round of lots.  I got b-slapped.  Tried for the Jack Davis ad but had to tap out and let the real bidders close it out.

On 6/21/2024 at 2:05 PM, vodou said:

Oh yeah $840k...finally an excellent true comic art result without any kind of asterisk.

I don't know a whole bunch about OA. If you could, what types of things would an asterisk refer to? 

On 6/21/2024 at 11:09 AM, Professor K said:

I don't know a whole bunch about OA. If you could, what types of things would an asterisk refer to? 

I am guessing something like a a single bid at a very high artificial opening juiced by the house bidding on behalf of the consignor up to 1 increment below the reserve, thus giving the impression of bidding action when none exists. Tune in to Prop Store's auctions to see this in action.

Edited by cstojano