• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions June 20-23 Auction is unreal !
2 2

287 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2024 at 8:20 PM, mlansdown said:

All 3 of my Spy pages are done on illustration board in two parts.  The top part is a large single panel title gag, and the bottom part has the multi-panel story layout.  I do have one Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy page.  When I framed these pages, I failed to note the issue numbers, so I would need to take apart the frames to get this info. What is the gag for Mad #125?

spy2.jpg

This is from Mad #98 Oct 1965. Yours is the 2nd to the last Spy vs Spy vs Spy done for Mad magazine. I double check and Proxies did 21 Spy vs Spy vs Spy. You should pick up Spy vs Spy Omnibus- - Antonio Prohias HC. It has all of his published Spy art in Mad magazine plus some earlier art.

No idea why the format was changed after Mad #125 but that was the last issue the two Spy vs Spy gags was used after that is was all done on one smaller board