• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiderman 11 worth cleaning and pressing before re-holdering?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I am considering submitting my Spiderman #11 2.0 CBCS signed by Stan Lee. 

The book looks very fragile and I'd like to get some people's opinions on whether I should clean or press it before submitting? Also, the big question, will the 2.0 grade hold up? 

Let me know your opinions and advice. Appreciate the help! 

PXL_20240410_212639063.jpg

PXL_20240410_212617974.jpg

PXL_20240410_212702418.jpg

PXL_20240410_212709041.jpg

PXL_20240410_212829327.jpg

PXL_20240410_212724166.jpg

Edited by TomElson
Shortened the length of the description

There are a few considerations. 

Today, CGC only verifies signatures they witnessed.  Meaning, because they didn't see Stan sign it, it wouldn't get a yellow label. 

Now, I understand CGC is starting to verify unwitnessed signatures. I'm not sure if that will mean a yellow label or some other designation going forward, but I would contact CGC directly.  On their FAQ, they say this service will start in April, so if you contact them, share what you learn. 

I personally wouldn't clean and press this book. As you mentioned it's fragile and you could run the risk of doing further damage. 

Given the wear, I don't see a press dramatically improving the grade. 

As for the grade - I think a 2.0 is reasonable for this book. I wouldn't be shocked if it came in lower (1.5ish) because it appears to have a full spine split, which was renforced by tape and added staples. 

For a low grade copy, the cover does present well. I hope that helps.