• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - THE LAST RONIN live movie (TBD)

3 posts in this topic

After the success of last year’s animated hit film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, Paramount Pictures is keeping turtle power going by putting a new feature project into development.

This one, however, will go beyond the realm of the all-ages material the long-standing property is known for and instead go into gritty, R-rated, territory.

Paramount is developing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin, adapting a popular storyline seen in the recent IDW comics, as a live-action feature with the intent of making it for an R-rating. Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play, is penning the script.

Gonna go out on a limb and say there is no chance an "R" rated TMNT ever hits the screen.  Too many execs will complain about how they'd be knee-capping themselves and losing too much of the potential market.  

About as much chance as an "R" rated Barbie movie, I suspect. 

And I would totally go see an "R" rated Barbie movie.  

On 4/11/2024 at 3:22 PM, Axelrod said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say there is no chance an "R" rated TMNT ever hits the screen.  Too many execs will complain about how they'd be knee-capping themselves and losing too much of the potential market.  

Yeah, while I would love to get an "R" rated TMNT I just cannot see it happening.  It has been PG (movies) and PG/Youth (TV) for way to long for them to up and shoot an "R".