• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking Dead #1 2004
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I'm thinking 9.0/9.2 mainly because of that creasing on the front cover. With the yellow artwork it's tough to tell if it's light reflectivity or color break. If it's the latter then the grade may go down into the VF range. 

Perhaps an interesting story - the Walking Dead twice got me back into comics. 

I collected from the age of 10 in 1985 until around 1997. I've always been a big horror movie buff and an old school zombie head. In 2003 I heard about the Walking Dead series and picked up the first trade paperback then issue one somewhere at I think cover price. I was back in the game until around 2010 or so. 

I came back to the hobby the third time in 2019 when I heard that the Walking Dead series was ending. I picked up issues 192 and 193 and once again I had the bug. 

Thanks for posting.

Edited by grendelbo

9.0.... is what I feel but with grading the way it is now I think this would slab at least a 9.2......maybe a press would bring out the crease if that is indeed what it is and it could go a little higher..............

On 4/13/2024 at 7:19 PM, grendelbo said:

I'm thinking 9.0/9.2 mainly because of that creasing on the front cover. With the yellow artwork it's tough to tell if it's light reflectivity or color break. If it's the latter then the grade may go down into the VF range. 

Perhaps an interesting story - the Walking Dead twice got me back into comics. 

I collected from the age of 10 in 1985 until around 1997. I've always been a big horror movie buff and an old school zombie head. In 2003 I heard about the Walking Dead series and picked up the first trade paperback then issue one somewhere at I think cover price. I was back in the game until around 2010 or so. 

I came back to the hobby the third time in 2019 when I heard that the Walking Dead series was ending. I picked up issues 92 and 93 and once again I had the bug. 

Thanks for posting.

So your gonna turn 50 this year ........Just like .....Wake Of The Flood..... turned 50 ........the other day......Now.... Mars Hotel..... is gonna turn 50....Probably my two favorite Dead  albums.........Our stories of starting and stopping collecting mirror each other................For me it was ...The Death Of Captain America ...which drew me back in.........I also went bonkers over ....The Walking Dead......It started with issue # 150....I was so impressed.........Then I backtracked and filled in the entire collection.......It's one of the great series...