• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the value of this Detective Comics 31?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I was looking at some ads on ebay, when I came across a Detective Comics 31 without a cover for US$15,800.00. Can anyone tell me what the real value of this comic without a cover is, and whether it's worth opening the slab to put on a reproduction cover and submitting it to the CGC evaluation process?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I'd hazard a guess that it's worth maybe half of the asking price at best. That's a ROUGH coverless. Brittle, with chunks floating around the interior well, extensive tape, possible removed from a bound volume or something else that required saddle stitching.

Adding a repro cover shouldn't add much value, but it would at least cover up some of the ugliness. :eek:

On 15/04/2024 at 21:45, october said:

Eu arriscaria um palpite de que vale talvez metade do preço pedido, na melhor das hipóteses. Essa é uma capa ROUGH. Frágil, com pedaços flutuando pelo interior, fita extensa, possível retirada de volume encadernado ou qualquer outra coisa que exigisse costura na lombada.

Adicionar uma capa de reprodução não deveria agregar muito valor, mas pelo menos encobriria um pouco da feiúra.:eek:

Oh thank you, I'll try to negotiate the price with the owner, the pages are full of ribbons and it ends up looking really ugly haha