• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Authenticity
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to collecting comic books, and having a lot of fun with it. I am looking at a comic book with a signature, but no certificate of authenticity. The seller has a photograph of the artist signing it at a convention. How does the CGC verify authenticity?

Thank you.

• Administrator

Hi

Currently, The book would be placed in a green label, as we require the signature to be witnessed by a CGC representative.  However, later this month, we will be announcing that we will be accepting submissions to get signatures like yours authenticated, as we are acquiring JSA, the leader in signature authentication.  You can read about it here.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12753/

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply. This is very exciting, and will help me make my decision to purchase this book or not. If I do, I would like to send it to you for grading when you are set up with JSA, or better yet, send it in for signing by others who were involved in its creation as well, so I would have multiple signatures. I was just looking at all the signings you have set up. I just missed an opportunity for this particular book, but I am sure it will come around again!