• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED -- Joe Sinnott's Personal Atlas Copies
8 8

249 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

:news: SOLD! Battle Ground #18. The Sinnotts’ friend who helped the family grade these had this at VFNM, and structurally I concur.  Please note though slight dust shadow on back, looks to be from uneven stacking? That said, a census ghost and no comps to be found.

$400

IMG_1500.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

IMG_1502.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

On 4/22/2024 at 8:46 PM, Readcomix said:

Battle Ground #18. The Sinnotts’ friend who helped the family grade these had this at VFNM, and structurally I concur.  Please note though slight dust shadow on back, looks to be from uneven stacking? That said, a census ghost and no comps to be found.

$400

IMG_1500.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

IMG_1502.jpeg

Take

Okay, one more for tonight then I will wrap up the planned books tomorrow night with the various Marines titles still to come.

I will take one more hard look at my keepers before closing the thread, and I might have a small addendum the following night after keeper review, plus a couple other of Joe’s signed file books that are not as high-grade and likely came to him as back issues, not as Atlas office newsstand comps. But two of those are PCH books :devil:

On 4/22/2024 at 7:49 PM, gunsmokin said:

This isn’t the Oranges Only page.

It could be.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:51 PM, Readcomix said:

Okay, one more for tonight then I will wrap up the planned books tomorrow night with the various Marines titles still to come.

I will take one more hard look at my keepers before closing the thread, and I might have a small addendum the following night after keeper review, plus a couple other of Joe’s signed file books that are not as high-grade and likely came to him as back issues, not as Atlas office newsstand comps. But two of those are PCH books :devil:

Marines you say???

:luhv:

On 4/22/2024 at 8:17 PM, Readcomix said:

Joe never did Aquaman to my knowledge (though he lived about 20 minutes from Ramona Fradon) but he did a heckuva job on Namor. Yeah it’s Perlin pencils but that Namor just screams Sinnott.

IMG_1286.jpeg

Heh heh - was attempting sarcasm (fail), but this is way better. Gorgeous 

On 4/22/2024 at 11:22 PM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Heh heh - was attempting sarcasm (fail), but this is way better. Gorgeous 

Nah, you nailed the sarc alright, it just also prompted me! Joe was a great guy and I’m happy to have a part in keeping his legacy out there in the hobby’s eyes.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:32 PM, Readcomix said:

Nah, you nailed the sarc alright, it just also prompted me! Joe was a great guy and I’m happy to have a part in keeping his legacy out there in the hobby’s eyes.

Well …you are doing a heck of a job . Really. And bringing all sorts of old time boardies out of the woodwork, to boot.

I went “backwards” with learning about Sinnott. First “big” signed book I ever bought was FF5, signed by him. To this day, I still think the best FF art is Sinnott inks on Kirby pencils. It was only later I started reading his Atlas stuff.