• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page Trim - I don’t understand - Example Page 10

6 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2024 at 6:49 PM, bighairjer said:

How does CGC count the page given they are leafs?  Wouldn’t it be two pages that are trimmed?  Do I just count to the 10th page from front?

CGC does their page count as if each individual page (the front and the back) is counted as one page. So, if it's the 10th page, they would say "10th page missing" or "10th page trimmed". They wouldn't say "10th and 11th page missing" or "10th and 11th page trimmed." 

You just have to think of the first page being page 1, the second page being page 2 and so forth. Simple, yes?

:foryou: 

On 4/27/2024 at 7:15 PM, zzutak said:

Alternate explanation:  CGC incorrectly describes a "leaf" as a "page" (so, when the label says "page", you should think "leaf").  For example, if the label says "Page 16 missing", then what is actually missing is interior leaf 16 (aka interior pages 31 and 32).  :foryou:

L16.thumb.jpg.4cb5b28bb4eed986dc842ca246be32a7.jpg

Lord knows I tried...but you're absolutely right!   lol 

On 4/27/2024 at 4:05 PM, The Lions Den said:

So, if it's the 10th page, they would say "10th page missing" or "10th page trimmed". They wouldn't say "10th 19th and 11th 20th page missing" or "10th 19th and 11th 20th page trimmed."

:foryou:

On 4/28/2024 at 1:15 AM, zzutak said:

Alternate explanation:  CGC incorrectly describes a "leaf" as a "page" (so, when the label says "page", you should think "leaf").  For example, if the label says "Page 16 missing", then what is actually missing is interior leaf 16 (aka interior pages 31 and 32).  :foryou:

L16.thumb.jpg.4cb5b28bb4eed986dc842ca246be32a7.jpg

Don't ask me why CGC decided to use non-standard language.  Every comic book publisher since the 1930s has defined "page" as one side of a two-sided leaf.  So, yes, a book cannot possibly be missing just one page, or have a cut-out that affects only one page.  :preach:

Oh god, i would prefer a 0.5 with all the cover burned rather than this nice looking book with a missing page