• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker v4 has landed!
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2024 at 6:02 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Apple requires all browsers to use the same WebKit so they all share a common source of features and bugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit#:~:text=WebKit is a browser engine,browsers on iOS and iPadOS.

This an area which is completely outside of my skill set. From what I read, I'm guessing that Nico must have included it, but why did everything work so well before the upgrade? 

On 5/5/2024 at 5:54 AM, TommyRaiko said:

On another topic, can ComicLink auctions be tracked on CAT?

Unfortunately no. They blacklisted CAT. Which is quite funny, considering that I initially created CAT to be able to follow ComicLink auctions because their website was so... well... 

On 5/5/2024 at 12:44 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Worked very well this morning. Thanks.

Good news indeed. I updated CAT just before the daily email, I'm glad it worked.

Nico,

I was trying to see how much the newly-listed New Teen Titans #23 cover (the Starfire cover by Perez) was being marked up by Nostalgic Investments from the Heritage Auction in September 2023. 

I ran a search for "Teen Titans 23 cover" and got the listing no problem at $35,000. I clicked on "Sold Items" with the same search, and nothing. I went to Heritage and found it (same search terms) selling for $15,600 (with BP). 

Regardless of the not-so-shocking mark-up results, as we see more pieces get circulated, a new feature might be to have a click-through on active listings for the sales history on an item. In the one-of-one world of OA, that sounds like something that could be feasible.

Thanks for this incredible service to the community!

On 5/5/2024 at 12:56 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Nico,

I was trying to see how much the newly-listed New Teen Titans #23 cover (the Starfire cover by Perez) was being marked up by Nostalgic Investments from the Heritage Auction in September 2023. 

I ran a search for "Teen Titans 23 cover" and got the listing no problem at $35,000. I clicked on "Sold Items" with the same search, and nothing. I went to Heritage and found it (same search terms) selling for $15,600 (with BP). 

Regardless of the not-so-shocking mark-up results, as we see more pieces get circulated, a new feature might be to have a click-through on active listings for the sales history on an item. In the one-of-one world of OA, that sounds like something that could be feasible.

If the sale was longer than 3 months ago you won't be able to find it via Sold Results on CAT anymore without a premium membership

On 5/5/2024 at 6:56 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Nico,

@JC25427N is right: you did not see this sale because it was more than 3 months old and you can't be premium yet. But the art is here: 

image.thumb.png.b1d368fed2b3345a1a6051adc62da755.png

On 5/5/2024 at 6:56 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

I developed this feature 3-4 years ago (the idea was to find similar items, not necessarily the exact same one). But I found the results quite disappointing so I never made it public. Maybe I'll give it a new try. Neural networks would probably fit well for this task, but would require a lot of resources.

If a few CAT users want to go premium and test the payment process... please PM me with your CAT username and I'll unlock the access for you :-)

Thanks!