• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non colour breaking crease impact on grade
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I've been trying to figure out from reading guides what kind of grade i would get, I have a beautiful copy of tomb of dracula 10, the back has a non colour breaking crease on the back that is between 1 and 1.5 inches long, its hard to tell the exact size as it isn't obvious. the front cover does also have one of the smallest colour breaking spine ticks i've ever seen, you need to use a magnifying glass to see it,

I know a creases can be pretty killer on grades, but was kinda hopeful with this one being non colour breaking it might still rank a bit higher.

Wellll, a VF 8.0(shrug)  However, a NCB crease can be pressed flat leaving you with only a micro spine tick and if that is truly the only wear you'd be into the NM 9.0s.

Take some good pics/scans and start a PGM thread then you'll get the answer.

Comic books are graded in their entirety, however, for creases only...

As already stated above, post clear picks of the book (front and rear covers, spine, corners, etc.) in the...

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

NM 9.4 - A 1/16" bend is permitted with no color break.

NM- 9.2 - A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break

VF/NM 9.0 - An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted but no creases.

VF 8.0 - An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken. 

FN/VF 7.0 - Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases.

FN 6.0 - Minor cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases.

I have a Curator X Men book that is a dead nuts 9.8 all day except for a 1" corner crease on the back cover. One of those you can't really see until you angle the book to a strong light. It's not pressable as the paper is broken but on a white back cover it's very hard to see. It's a 9.4. Bought it as a 9.4, broke it out because I couldn't tell why it was only a 9.4 and once I saw the crease raw I sent it in again and it got a 9.4 again. So the answer to your question really is the only way you're going to know it's by sending it in but what you are describing doesn't necessarily bring you out of the 9's.