• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did 20 years go?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2024 at 9:09 AM, Shadow said:

I noticed I'll have been a member of this site for 20 years on Tuesday...while in Jamaica - life is rough... lol)

It's changed a lot in those years. While I've never been a super-poster, I try to always stay in touch with the site. Lots of "names" have come and gone.

What I've always appreciated is it's made me a better collector. I understand grading much better, what to spot, etc. I've met some great dealers (Bob Storms, Dale Roberts, Reece's, Bedrock, etc.) who I feel comfortable purchasing from. Encountered some dealers that I avoided... lol (Whatever happened to Crazy Ed? You couldn't shake him if you got caught in his orbit. That's no moon...) 

Enjoyed the stories, collecting histories, what people collect, not so much any drama... life's short

The Holiday Secret Santa & Raffle are so much fun as we share in our collecting passion. Enjoyed the Grading Contests of the past. Purchasing from some members has been fun as well. Sharing my artwork (hobby) is personally rewarding.

Over the 20 years (30 years since I got back into collecting), I've completed some grails:

• Entire run of original JLA plus Brave & Bold's 28 - 30
  • Entire run of Conan the Barbarian
  • X-Men 94 to 300
  • GS X-Men #1 - thanks October!
  • Entire Marvel Team Up
  • World's Finest 200 to end of series in early 300's
  • And more...

Was able to meet some great artists from my youth:

• Berni Wrightson (regret not getting a signed print or book)
  • Neal Adams
  • Jose Garcia Lopez
  • George Perez
  • and more

Thank you for letting me be a small part of the community. Here's looking towards the future!

This!

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 9:22 AM, sd2416 said:

September will be 20 for me as well.  

I am supposedly in december, but I am pretty sure I had another board name here under a different account for a year or two and primarily lurked and forgot my password because I definitely would occasionally log in from my old job and I left there in May 2004. I knew a lot of people here from the ebay chat groups already.

Edited by the blob

On 5/17/2024 at 8:45 AM, Artboy99 said:

my 20 year is also this year in November.

:whatthe: