• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Son of Satan CGC Notation?

7 posts in this topic

I was looking over this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2172093811&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2

And noticed that although CGC is nice enough to show that it has "Jim Mooney Art" (??), there isn't a notation of "First Son of Satan". Now he may not be a top-tier character, but he's a heckuva lot more important than Lady Deathstrike.

Must be an oversite on CGC's part.

Although having said that, this book could come under the 'cameo' umbrella as it is not a full appearance of SOS. If I remember rightly (don't have a copy to hand) Damon Hellstrom is in civies in this issue and only wears the outfit for like one panel or so.

I think the GR 1 label makes mention:

First Appearance of Damion Hellstorm, Son of Satan in Cameo

#2 "should" be credited as his first full app. (according to the guide).. but we know this whole cameo/first full appearance is not fully thought out and could be improved... say a "Cameo Rating System" to better measure the impact of the first appearance(s) in relation to the appearance credited as the "full" one by the powers that be.

Previously we were identifying some books (like XM 120) that seemed to have that relation skewed and applying the proposed system to them... maybe we can pick that up again and see if it would help... maybe in another thread soon