• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Andy Olsen -co-creator of Wolverine

7 posts in this topic

Most of us know the story. How awesome would it be to have CGC support a signing? I’d gladly fork over good money to have him sign my Foom 2. I’d much rather see Andy get the recognition than Roy Thomas. Thoughts?

On 5/9/2024 at 10:40 PM, gunsmokin said:

Most of us know the story. How awesome would it be to have CGC support a signing? I’d gladly fork over good money to have him sign my Foom 2. I’d much rather see Andy get the recognition than Roy Thomas. Thoughts?

I'd much rather have Roy Thomas.  A character is defined by a lot more than their name.

On 5/12/2024 at 6:13 AM, namisgr said:

I'd much rather have Roy Thomas.  A character is defined by a lot more than their name.

What aspect of the character did he create? The name is all that Thomas came up with. That and he was to be Canadian. Thomas was the editor, not the writer or the artist.

On 5/12/2024 at 7:47 AM, gunsmokin said:

What aspect of the character did he create? The name is all that Thomas came up with. That and he was to be Canadian. Thomas was the editor, not the writer or the artist.

You asked for opinions.  Mine is that I would rather have a Wolverine comic signed by Roy Thomas than Andy Olsen.