• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: X-Men 2 the Movie #1 photo cover
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Hi - I'm thinking about submitting this comic for the Halle Berry signing.  I admittedly do not know anything about grading, so would really appreciate the help.  The spine of the book is what concerns me the most, especially the back.  Wondering if this is even worth submitting at all. Or keep looking for a better book? 

I have more close-up pics if needed, but I figure these are some good clear shots. Thanks

53711727637_b712e7f58a_b.jpg

53711725797_4772bc52db_b.jpg

It looks like that back spine is quite rough particularly. You *might* get a 7.0 b/c the back is the worse part, but I'd wage something closer to 6.0 on a modern book. Since this is not a particulary rare or expensive book, and the celebrity signings are, I would look for something a lot better. After a very quick search, I found that g-mart has several copies available for $6.00. They don't advertise grades on their website, but they're almost exclusively stocked with unsold books from their subscription inventory. Every back issue I've purchased there is higher grade than your book, and almost all of them were at least NM. That's easier than scrolling endlessly through ebay to find a high grade copy. 2c

On 5/10/2024 at 9:06 PM, scburdet said:

It looks like that back spine is quite rough particularly. You *might* get a 7.0 b/c the back is the worse part, but I'd wage something closer to 6.0 on a modern book. Since this is not a particulary rare or expensive book, and the celebrity signings are, I would look for something a lot better. After a very quick search, I found that g-mart has several copies available for $6.00. They don't advertise grades on their website, but they're almost exclusively stocked with unsold books from their subscription inventory. Every back issue I've purchased there is higher grade than your book, and almost all of them were at least NM. That's easier than scrolling endlessly through ebay to find a high grade copy. 2c

Thank you so much for the information. I ordered 2 copies from G-Mart and hoping for a solid copy. Will also keep checking eBay as well. There’s got to be a 9.0 or better copy out there somewhere.

Posted (edited)

I will be surprised if the g-mart books aren't quite nice. I'm not much of a celebrity signature collector myself, but I did serendipitously buy this book during a g-mart clearance sale for 99¢ so I took a flyer on a signing event.

Edited by scburdet