• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newsstand Grade vs Direct Edition Grade
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

when Newsstand is the rarer Version like we speak of comics from 1995 and older.
Would be a 9.6 Newstand Better than a 9.8 Direct Edition for the same price?

What grade is a 9.8 Direct Edition compared to Newsstand (when Newsstand is the rarer Version)?

Best regards

Edited by ComicCollector87

On 5/11/2024 at 5:06 PM, ComicCollector87 said:

Hello guys,

when Newsstand is the rarer Version like we speak of comics from 1995 and older.
Would be a 9.6 Newstand Better than a 9.8 Direct Edition for the same price?

What grade is a 9.8 Direct Edition compared to Newsstand (when Newsstand is the rarer Version)?

Best regards

depends on the book.

What grade is a 9.8 direct edition compared to news-stand? Assuming you meant 9.8 news-stand, are they not both 9.8? 

I believe he is interested in value.  Is a 9.6 Newsstand worth more than a 9.8 Direct? I'd say yes, in most cases although moderns are not my area of expertise.

Yes I wanted to know a 9.6 Newstand vs a 9.8 Direct Edition.

And how does a Multipack Version (In case of DC Comics) fits in here?
- which grade of a Multipack Version is worth a 9.8 Direct Edition?

-and what kind 9.8 Newsstand is a Multipack Version worth?

There is no actual guide for something like this and no simple formula you can plug in. The answer is that it depends. Many, if not most, collectors don't know or care about most multi-pack versions, but the ones who do seem quite passionate about them.  The scarcer the book, the more it goes for.  A generic DCU issue in 9.8 might sell for double what a regular issue sells for, but a rare DCU  version( Carmen San Diego) might sell for ten times that.  An 8.0 Carmen DCU would sell for more than a 9.8 regular edition-if you find the right buyer.

I don't think GPA is very useful on books like that, as there aren't enough sales. Others may disagree.