• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is original art?

57 posts in this topic

Excuse my stupidity ... ASM 261 with hobby on the cover! Tell me about that one! makepoint.gif

The OA Spider-man gallery is a composite of art from different collectors. The piece you cite is a painted Cover by Vess and is in the private collection of Eric Roberts. Eric is a 'die-hard' collector and usually doesnt sell. That said,...if you offer BAGS OF $$$$ you can get pretty much anything you want in the hobby.

Here is his website:

http://www.triksr4kids.com/

Excuse my stupidity ... ASM 261 with hobby on the cover! Tell me about that one! makepoint.gif

The OA Spider-man gallery is a composite of art from different collectors. The piece you cite is a painted Cover by Vess and is in the private collection of Eric Roberts. Eric is a 'die-hard' collector and usually doesnt sell. That said,...if you offer BAGS OF $$$$ you can get pretty much anything you want in the hobby.

Here is his website:

http://www.triksr4kids.com/

He also has some serious comic books too!!! cloud9.gif

Ive been collecting since the 70's but swung into high gear in the 80's. My first piece was at a 77' con of Steranko art. I got the bulk of my collection,..my X-Men # 1 etc... in the 80's. My interests presently are Amazing Spiderman Covers by Ditko/ or Romita.

KK

Cool!!!! How do you keep them / display them? I want to acquire a ASM cover too.. just not sure I can afford ten or hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars!!

Most everything I have is framed. Yeah,.,..this stuff can get expensive. But its IMHO a better investment than comic books. Plus its utilitarian cause you get to see it everyday on your wall. Cant beat that !!!!!!!!!

Cool!!!! How do you keep them / display them? I want to acquire a ASM cover too.. just not sure I can afford ten or hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars!!

Are you one of KrazyKat's multiple personalities or just a complete tool? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey KK, I love these conversations you have with yourself. insane.gif

Ive been collecting since the 70's but swung into high gear in the 80's. My first piece was at a 77' con of Steranko art. I got the bulk of my collection,..my X-Men # 1 etc... in the 80's. My interests presently are Amazing Spiderman Covers by Ditko/ or Romita.

KK

Link

"Im just an eighteen year old kid and I have made your life Hellish. Kinda funny,..no ? Nontheless,...you cannot deny,..Ive made alotta progress with my OA pimpin' in this last year ?

KK"