• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I missing something on the submission form?

4 posts in this topic

I am looking to submit Ultimate Spider-Man #1 that came out in January 2024, and get a spidey custom label for it.  I'm headed to the Motor City Comic Con tomorrow, and ideally would like to print out my submission form and drop it off there instead of shipping it.

However, I don't see it on the submission form at all (the FCBD edition shows up, but not the regular #1).  While I know I can click on "Can't Find My Comic" and enter all the pertinent data, the only custom label that shows up when I do that is the "Universal Ringling" label (screenshot below).

When I enter other books that show up in the database, there are plenty of spidey custom labels to choose from.

Am I missing something?

image.thumb.png.877de627ae9150fe9cebc1d1b4135924.png

On 5/17/2024 at 8:32 AM, Danger Haggis said:

I am looking to submit Ultimate Spider-Man #1 that came out in January 2024, and get a spidey custom label for it.  I'm headed to the Motor City Comic Con tomorrow, and ideally would like to print out my submission form and drop it off there instead of shipping it.

However, I don't see it on the submission form at all (the FCBD edition shows up, but not the regular #1).  While I know I can click on "Can't Find My Comic" and enter all the pertinent data, the only custom label that shows up when I do that is the "Universal Ringling" label (screenshot below).

When I enter other books that show up in the database, there are plenty of spidey custom labels to choose from.

Am I missing something?

I'm seeing the Jan 2024 date on the book, but I maybe it wasn't released until 3/24, possibly? It would make sense since the CGC ones I'm seeing show 3/24 on the CGC label. So try the "Ultimate Spider-Man #1 3/24" from the drop-down list of titles when you select the book.

When in doubt, I always check the existing CGC Census to see the specifics assigned to the issue under consideration.  If you do this, you'll see that CGC has always assigned your issue a 03/2024 publication date, regardless of the month shown on the cover.  :foryou:

@zzutak Thanks man!  I was able to find the book putting in 03/24 afterwards (even though it came out in January).  I also didn't know about the census - that's cool to see!  I have a feeling I'll be going down a rabbit hole soon looking at books in the census.  Lol