• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Kevin Eastman/Peter Laird signed Ninja Turtles #4 legit?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I’m new to CGC and just recently got back into comic collecting. I recently purchased a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles number four from a seller on eBay, who has a good feedback history. It is signed by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, at least I hope it is.

The seller is also selling a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles number one signed by Eastman and laird, which I will include a picture of also. My concern though is with the number four though of course. 

To me, the Peter Laird when compared to other ones looks pretty spot on however I have never seen an Eastman signature like this that I can compare to and I’m thinking it’s one of his earlier signatures which is different from this current ones but I can’t find anything close to it and I’m hoping you guys can lend me some of your expertise before I send this off to CGC to get graded. Does anyone have any close examples like this or can verify its authenticity? 

thank you so much again guys for your time. Pictures are attached. #4 then #1

IMG_1770.jpeg

IMG_1754.png

IMG_1755.png

IMG_1771.jpeg

IMG_1772.jpeg

it is obviously not a good example and very sloppy but looks to be inline with his late 80's to early 90's style of signature.

Here are a couple examples from that time frame that are a bit "weird"; probably just rushed with a ball point pin.

KE1.JPG.3ab5aee7b32f7d98781720923031dd7a.JPGKE2.jpg.33543485ab75daba5947eb62b15002df.jpg

Thank you for that! It does help me feel a bit better. He has so many signature styles it’s crazy. I will be sending it to CGC as soon as I get it.