• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On which forum thread do I ask this?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As a youngster, I read a comic book.  I remember the story; however, I don't remember the title, let alone the issue number.  I want to track down a copy but it would be much easier to do so with the title and issue number.

On which forum thread do I ask this?

# # #

If anyone is interested - or can help:

This story took place (at least in part) at a circus or carnival.  The main character was riding a motorcycle in a globe-shaped cage that was suspended in mid-air.  He didn't know this was coming; however, the bottom half of the cage lowered.  He tried to keep the motorcycle moving fast enough to stay up there with the remaining half of the cage; however, the bike had a mechanical problem of some sort.  The motorcycle lost speed; he and the bike fell.  One of the other circus performers tossed a trapeze (or ring on a rope) over and the motorcyclist caught it just in time.  The crowd thought it was all part of the act.

Edited by Eric Perry

This probably won't be of much help, but (1) the circus stunt you're referring to is called the Globe of Death, and (2) the DC character Deadman was a circus trapeze artist who made his first appearance in 1967 (Strange Adventures #205), with periodic appearances in the decades that followed.  I imagine there's at least one Deadman expert on the Boards who would remember if he was the hero in the story you described.  Good luck.  :foryou:

On 5/26/2024 at 3:52 PM, zzutak said:

This probably won't be of much help, but (1) the circus stunt you're referring to is called the Globe of Death, and (2) the DC character Deadman was a circus trapeze artist who made his first appearance in 1967 (Strange Adventures #205), with periodic appearances in the decades that followed.  I imagine there's at least one Deadman expert on the Boards who would remember if he was the hero in the story you described.  Good luck.  :foryou:

Thanks for the info.  'preciate it.