• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are OA prices out of control?
7 7

231 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2024 at 9:41 PM, Grant Turner said:

Clear lines are now drawn in the sand. Ideologies on both sides.  Hopefully (🤞🏻) all parties can agree to let those of us in the wake to digest and process, and not demand of us we pick a side unless we so choose

Hey @Grant Turner I’m not asking anyone to pick sides. Even in my own collecting group, I told friends including those wronged in this very thread, there is zero judgment from me if anyone has a relationship or buys art from Felix. I have personally chosen not to, but that is my choice. Just like I told Felix, any reader here has the decision on how and where to spend their money. It’s not my place to say, and I would ask the same of others not to cast judgment simply because someone collects an art genre they may not find appealing or understand. 

On 6/18/2024 at 9:37 PM, Xatari said:

I would love to see artists represented by ethical people who also look out for their customer base, not just the artists, to preserve the long term health of the hobby. Bashing a subset of the hobby then marketing to it is dishonest and duplicitous. However, I don’t know any of my friends who want to be art reps save one in the Philippines who does a tremendous job and acts with the utmost integrity.

If you're speaking of Jiggy...he loves me! LOL! I also consider him a friend. He's very openly, and kindly, cited Felix Comic Art as an inspiration and what he aspires to. So if you believe he's done a tremendous job...you're welcome.

Seems you're implying I'm unethical. Meanwhile, Cadence is great. Your judgment is questionable.

I've worked hard to serve collectors, our customer base, well. Am I perfect? No. But I'll put up my track record up against anyone's. The only ones who are vocal with their opinion that I suck, are the speculators and gamblers who are annoyed that I see them for what they are. I mostly mean you. I can live with that.

Speaking of integrity...this thread has shown that you, Dinesh, Pedro, and Aaron are wrong in your beliefs and accusations over the Heroes auction. Will you take any of it back? I don't expect it. As Lambo said, that's how you roll.

On 6/18/2024 at 9:46 PM, Xatari said:

Even in my own collecting group, I told friends including those wronged in this very thread, there is zero judgment from me if anyone has a relationship or buys art from Felix.

Here's a perfect example of the lack of integrity. Who was wronged? No one. Even the underbidder concedes that. But, let's continue to push this false narrative to support the agenda. Keep telling on yourself.

On 6/18/2024 at 11:06 PM, Nexus said:

If you're speaking of Jiggy...he loves me! LOL! I also consider him a friend. He's very openly, and kindly, cited Felix Comic Art as an inspiration and what he aspires to. So if you believe he's done a tremendous job...you're welcome.

Could you be any more full of yourself? Trust me when I say that dude would never speak about his customer base the way you have in this thread. 

On 6/18/2024 at 11:06 PM, Nexus said:

The only ones who are vocal with their opinion that I suck, are the speculators and gamblers who are annoyed that I see them for what they are. I mostly mean you. I can live with that.

Trust me when I say, I’ve received a lot of direct messages from people who would say otherwise today as a result of this thread. Keep alienating your customer base. The reason people don’t speak up is because you’re a bully. You attack them your friends come in to reinforce (literally just look at this thread). People don’t tell you how they feel because they are afraid that in doing so, they will lose access to the artists represent (you at least got that part half right). There is not a piece of art that I would care enough about to ever make me want to do business with you. It’s the beauty of our hobby. Plenty of other art out there done by other fantastic artists.

You and your friends like Legion saying you’re going to block access? That’s exactly what I’m talking about. It’s the reason people won’t say it to your face but instead whisper it behind your back. There is nothing I need or want from you, so I am not beholden to kiss the ring.  This was not a good look for you today, and people reading saw you for who you are. 

On 6/18/2024 at 11:52 PM, Xatari said:

Could you be any more full of yourself? Trust me when I say that dude would never speak about his customer base the way you have in this thread.

Ask that dude if he disagrees with anything I said. And you've said yourself that you're never buying anything from me, so therefore I'm not offending a customer. (shrug)

Trust me when I say, I’ve received a lot of direct messages from people who would say otherwise today as a result of this thread. Keep alienating your customer base. The reason people don’t speak up is because you’re a bully. You attack them your friends come in to reinforce (literally just look at this thread). People don’t tell you how they feel because they are afraid that in doing so, they will lose access to the artists represent (you at least got that part half right). There is not a piece of art that I would care enough about to ever make me want to do business with you. It’s the beauty of our hobby. Plenty of other art out there done by other fantastic artists.

I'm not the who started this. Yet I'm the bully. I posted on page 6. The exchange was between you and me. Until cbaileypacker, dinesh, and a couple of burner accounts decided to join the fray on your behalf. Did you ask for their help? Because I didn't ask for any of my friends to chime in. They all did on their own. Ask them. I suspect they posted to counter the accusations that I lied. Or are they also all liars?

You and your friends like Legion saying you’re going to block access? That’s exactly what I’m talking about. It’s the reason people won’t say it to your face but instead whisper it behind your back. There is nothing I need or want from you, so I am not beholden to kiss the ring.  This was not a good look for you today, and people reading saw you for who you are. 

I never said I'd block access. Standard, typical misrepresentation. Go read the posts again. I said access isn't easy with me. Because I don't play favorites. Which you guys don't like.

No one asked you to kiss any ring (lol!). Must be something you're used to doing for Dinesh.

Very glad for anyone to read the posts and decide for themselves. Beyond the non-specific baseless accusations, would also suggest they pay attention to how selective you've been in replying. Telling.

Edited by Nexus

On 6/18/2024 at 9:46 AM, Xatari said:

For any other “gamblers and non-collectors” here is Felix’s solicitation email from a while back (5/28/20), but kindly remember it is us Rookie sports card collectors who are creating this hype. 

“But what you may not know...this DPS isn't just a pretty piece of art. It's also a teaser for Ryan's followup to his smash blockbuster, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE. And the biggest news of all: It features not one, but TWO, major first appearances!!

First appearance of Virus.

First appearance of the future Venom.

Ryan and writer Donny Cates have big plans for both. We've previously sold the first appearances of new Marvel Universe mainstays Cosmic Ghost Rider and Knull. Virus and the new Venom feel as significant as those. And these two may end up even bigger.”

On 6/19/2024 at 12:36 AM, Xatari said:

For any other “gamblers and non-collectors” here is Felix’s solicitation email from a while back (5/28/20), but kindly remember it is us Rookie sports card collectors who are creating this hype. 

“But what you may not know...this DPS isn't just a pretty piece of art. It's also a teaser for Ryan's followup to his smash blockbuster, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE. And the biggest news of all: It features not one, but TWO, major first appearances!!

First appearance of Virus.

First appearance of the future Venom.

Ryan and writer Donny Cates have big plans for both. We've previously sold the first appearances of new Marvel Universe mainstays Cosmic Ghost Rider and Knull. Virus and the new Venom feel as significant as those. And these two may end up even bigger.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW4KJtQvWDd/

@Nexus any guess on when I started collecting? I’ll give you a hint, I bought my first pieces after your email solicitation above, yet I’m the first appearance hype guy. 😆 

Check my CAF, you can fact check for yourself.

In response to reply, you seem so threatened from an IG post I made early on in my collecting. I think this is the third time you’ve brought it up on these boards. Maybe you find it useful yourself. Is there something you’re asking me to do with it? Plenty of interviews you yourself have watched show me explaining that. I was documenting what I was learning to help others who had a comic background. The funny thing is you continue to conveniently omit what I actually wrote the very next day.

IMG_5270.thumb.png.3df863ce8713c1bd08110634b02691ea.png

Not threatened. Amused. Amused that a guy who'd been in the hobby for a year would post an image of Methuselah with a crystal ball advising others "How to OA".

Could you be any more full of yourself?

Here's the first part, so everyone can read it all. If "How to OA" isn't how to pick stocks, I don't know what is. Where is there any mention of actual artists or art? No, just "value", "returns", "risk", etc. Again, people can read and decide for themselves.

IMG_1123.jpg.b16fddeec2a4cf6d00a8a9c78f28d75b.jpg