• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should this be a Green Label?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Morning, everyone!

I bought this at a mini-con last weekend. I keep hearing that manufacturer errors do not give a book the green label. Any insight on this? I remember reading a long time ago about the upside down error, but I can't find anything on the internet about it. Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_20240608_111543 (1).jpg

It seems CGC has been inconsistent with Qualified/Universal labels on manufacturing errors.  Currently, it looks like errors get blue labels with the problem description on the label.  This thread may be helpful: 

Thanks, wardevil0, I was scrolling through that thread this morning. I vaguely remember owning a comic that the pages were out of order. I think I took it a part and fixed it! Long time ago.

Anyway, I think this particular book was graded in 2017. Should I send it back in? Would a change from Green to Blue change the value enough to make it worthwhile? 

Has anyone ever heard about this particular error in this comic? Just wondering if it's come up before. I didn't see it in the CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS thread. 

Personally, I don't think it would be worth reholdering/regrading.  I would think anyone interested in manufacturing error comics would understand the green label and why it's there.

On 6/11/2024 at 10:15 AM, wardevil0 said:

Personally, I don't think it would be worth reholdering/regrading.  I would think anyone interested in manufacturing error comics would understand the green label and why it's there.

That's what I was thinking, but the way people talk, the green label is the "label of death" for sellers. 

On 6/11/2024 at 11:56 AM, Conacon said:

That's what I was thinking, but the way people talk, the green label is the "label of death" for sellers. 

The green label is bad for people trying to flip unwitnessed signatures or Hulk 181 with the Marvel Value Stamp cut out, but in these cases it should be fine.  A lot of people would overlook your green label TMNT, but they wouldn't have wanted one with upside down pages either way.

If you're not satisfied with the current state, I'd contact CGC about it directly and see if there are any options.  Otherwise its a moot point right? regardless of what random internet strangers think.

On 6/11/2024 at 8:01 AM, Conacon said:

Morning, everyone!

I bought this at a mini-con last weekend. I keep hearing that manufacturer errors do not give a book the green label. Any insight on this? I remember reading a long time ago about the upside down error, but I can't find anything on the internet about it. Any help would be appreciated!

@zzutak  

On 6/11/2024 at 8:01 AM, Conacon said:

Morning, everyone!

There are only 21 Qualified books on CGC Census out of 2598 graded books.