• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man Color Guides Value

23 posts in this topic

Wondering what people think the market value is for late bronze complete color guides.  I’ve got a few Iron Man complete books.  This isn’t a sales pitch.  Really just wondering   Thanks. 

On 6/17/2024 at 10:54 AM, KPR Comics said:

Wondering what people think the market value is for late bronze complete color guides.  I’ve got a few Iron Man complete books.  This isn’t a sales pitch.  Really just wondering   Thanks. 

Depends on the issue and if they’re keys or not. CGs are gaining in popularity every day, but generally the covers sell the highest unless it’s a key issue.

On 6/17/2024 at 3:16 PM, KPR Comics said:

143, 146, 147

Conservatively, pages with iron man in action should go for $75-$100.

pages with Tony will be around $50 each; less for pages without him

a nice splash with Iron Man should hit $250, maybe $300 from the issues you mentioned.

now, if you had the colour guides to #150, that’s a whole other kettle of fish 🐟 

Color Guides or Color Separations?

Reason I ask is most dealers use the same term purposely and wrongly for the seperations. Some collectors also use the term wrongly but in their case without malice, merely assuming term is catch all..

Edited by MAR1979

On 6/17/2024 at 6:01 PM, MAR1979 said:

Color Guides or Color Separations?

Reason I ask is most dealers use the same term purposely and wrongly for the seperations. Some collectors also use the term wrongly but in their case without malice merely out assuming term is catch all..

I’ll plead ignorance   They are colored pages with codes handwritten in the margins. 

On 6/17/2024 at 6:03 PM, KPR Comics said:

I’ll plead ignorance   They are colored pages with codes handwritten in the margins. 

Hand colored/painted or printed?

Edited by MAR1979

When you have the chance, a few pics will make it easy.

Separations have very low demand in comparison to guides and go for a fraction of the estimated prices provided in this thread by others.

Edited by MAR1979

I remember owning these back in the day... picked them up from a dealer who had a bunch of Bob Sharen guides.  I'm sure they've gone up since I sold them, but I vaguely remember selling them from a few hundred bucks per complete guide.  Now maybe $1000+?

On 6/18/2024 at 1:51 PM, KPR Comics said:

Ha. I may have purchased them from you.  Are you based in the UK?

No, I was probably in the Washington DC area when I sold them over 12 years ago.  That's also where I picked them up.  They may have changed hands a few times since then.