• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!
2 2

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Wilbur #8 Spring 1945 MLJ Publications

Classic "suggestive" cover and I will leave it at that.

A worn but complete copy with full covers and no pieces missing. Has 1 1-1/2" upper spine tear. Top staple is popped. Lots of spine wear but attached at bottom staple. Numerous small edge tears, small creases and average wear. One Katy Keene page has a tear but nothing missing. Nice interior pages. Archie gets all the love but these early Wilburs are just as good.

Was $45.

Now $40.

wilbur18A.jpeg

wilbur18B.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Motion Picture Comics #110 "When World's Collide" May 1952 Fawcett Publications

Classic George Pal sci-fi B movie. Awesome "end of the world" pictures inside.

Due to poor paper quality during this period by Fawcett, these almost always have split covers. This one has brown tape down length of spine. Just general wear otherwise with supple interior paper. Nice color and complete.

Was $30.

Now $25.

worldscollide1.jpeg

worldscollide2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Blue Bolt V7#1 June 1945 

Cool, very busy Landing Craft cover.

Great colors on this copy! Spine is rolled. Some very light wrinkles. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Well bound copy with fresh, supple, un-damaged interior paper.

Was $30.

Now $25.

bluebolt1.jpeg

bluebolt2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Film Fun Magazine Jan 1935

Nice Enoch Bolles South Seas airbrush cover. Full of scantily clad movie stars and jokes.

Has a few light corner creases. and a couple tiny edge tears. Some slight wrinkles. Square, tight spine with full paper. Well bound copy with white interior pages.

Was $55.

Then $50.

Now $45.

filmfun1.jpeg

filmfun2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Master Comics #58 Feb 1945 Fawcett Publications

A very pretty copy. Bright, flat, clean and glossy. Spine is smooth at cover is firmly attached to book and centerfold. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Has just a couple very tiny edge, corner chips. A slight bend in front cover through the "R" in the title. A very small upper left dust shadow. Back cover has a couple very faint dust shadows. Nice, supple interior pages. Feels almost newsstand fresh in hand.

Was $160.

Then $140.

Now $130.

master1.jpeg

master2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Archie's Pal Jughead #78 Nov 1961 Archie Publications

Classic "Monster Award" cover. Also "What me Win?" Alfred E Neuman joke.

A solid, bright copy. Some writing on cover and a small stain with a neat 1/2" lower spine split. Tiny chip out of bottom right corner. A crease and small chip out on back cover. Book and centerfold still attached to covers. Nice interior pages with no damage. I recently upgraded to a nicer copy.

$30.

jughead1.jpeg

jughead2.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Out of this World Pulp Magazine #1 July 1950 Avon Publications

Great GGA space alien cover. Also contains the full 32 page comic book issue of this title bound in. Joe Kubert art in full color.

Has numerous small edge tears and wear. A couple of light creases. Consistent wear for pulps. Spine is square, tightly bound with full paper. Interior paper is supple.

Was $125.

Now $100.

outthisworld1.jpeg

outthisworld2.jpeg

outthisworld3.jpeg

outthisworld4.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Vooda #21 June 1955 Ajax Publications

Matt Baker cover with Baker/Kamen story. Full of great GGA

Rough spine with top staple detached. Bottom is still attached. Small chip out of top edge. Light water damage at top of book. Numerous small wrinkles, edge tears and small creases. Back cover has a water stain in top left as well as a tiny hole in the letter "E" in "Given". Interior paper is off white and book can be handled and read easily. Another one I paid up for to upgrade.

Was $125.

Now $100.

vooda1.jpeg

vooda2.jpeg

vooda3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Attack #1 Sept 1971 Charlton

Looks like an un-read warehouse or file copy. Bright, glossy and flat. Smooth, tight spine. Has a few tiny bends in spine and one in back cover at bottom right. Extremely tiny chip out of bottom right corner. White pages.

Was $45.

Then $40.

Now $35.

attack1.jpeg

attack2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

SOLD!

Super Animals 3-D Comics #1 Dec 1953 Star Publications

Weird LB Cole cover. Pretty obscure and the only one I have ever seen.

1-1/2" lower spine split. Spine is weak but cover still attached to cover. Back cover inside and out has a lot of crayon coloring. (and what a weird back cover it is!)  Back cover also has a couple small pieces out. Has wrinkles, creases and all over edge wear. Presents well "in the mylar". Pages are yellowed but supple. And just to add insult to injury, no glasses. Still. all in all, a real tough book.

Was $45.

Now $40.

superanimals1.jpeg

superanimals2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Wilbur #38 Aug 1951 MLJ Publications

Awesome GGA gag cover!

Slight spine roll. Cover and first 6 pages have a bend in lower right corner. Small tear in back cover. Just general minor wear. Book is bound snugly to covers. Centerfold is neatly detached but clean with no edge tears or wear. Fresh, slightly yellowed pages.

$30.. 

wilbur38A.jpeg

wilbur38B.jpeg

Well, the crowd has spoken, or more likely not. Pretty dismal this time. Maybe it’s the time of year, maybe folks are just being more selective or hanging on to their money. Or maybe it’s me. Wrong stuff at the wrong prices or maybe as the title suggests, “Junk”…:roflmao:

So, in light of this, I have done some early price drops on most of this stuff…I mean junk. Probably the last drops on the stuff listed but you never know… I really don’t want to go the wasteland called EBay.

I have a bunch more ready to post but I might hold off for today. So convince me…

On 6/20/2024 at 6:39 PM, Robot Man said:

Well, the crowd has spoken, or more likely not. Pretty dismal this time. Maybe it’s the time of year, maybe folks are just being more selective or hanging on to their money. Or maybe it’s me. Wrong stuff at the wrong prices or maybe as the title suggests, “Junk”…:roflmao:

So, in light of this, I have done some early price drops on most of this stuff…I mean junk. Probably the last drops on the stuff listed but you never know… I really don’t want to go the wasteland called EBay.

I have a bunch more ready to post but I might hold off for today. So convince me…

Post 'em! :sumo:

Not much of an argument, but there may be the occasional diamond in the rough, or just something that might take someone's fancy.

Posted (edited)

Superboy #25 April-May 1953 DC Publications

Lana Lang The Cinderella of Smallville

A real beater but complete. Book is detached from cover. Most of cover spine is split. 1/3rd still attached. a little water damage with rusty staples. Full cover with centerfold well attached and nice supple pages. Just a reader or hole filler but a fun issue.

Was $30.

Now $25.

superboy1.jpeg

superboy2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Gabby #11 actually #1 as it continues over from Ken Shannon. July 1953 Quality Publications

Awesome teen age GGA title

Drop dead beautiful copy. Flat, bright, very glossy with square corners. No splits, tears or creases. A couple minor spine bends but that is about it. Pages are white with no damage. BUT... it is 3 hole punched...:sorry:   Probably what kept it in this beautiful shape. 

Was $35.

Now $30.

gabby1.jpeg

gabby2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Treasure Chest V4#4 Oct 19, 1948 Geo A Pflaum Publishers

Outstanding Halloween cover! I seek out holiday covers and this is one of the top Halloween ones. Just check out all the action going on on this one!

A very nice copy! Bound just very slightly off center. VERY light dust shadows on front and back cover edges. Tiny tear at bottom of front cover in middle. Someone neatly wrote in the title in light pencil. Spine is smooth with book and centerfold bound tight to covers. No splits, tears or creases and just minimal wear. Fresh off white interior pages. I have just a slightly better copy or I wouldn't be selling it.

Was $85.

Now $75.

treasurechest1.jpeg

treasurechest2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Posted (edited)

Three Dimensional EC Classics #1 1954 EC Publications

Covers are split and detached with small tears and chips. Back cover is missing a big piece in corner. Nice fully attached interior with very supple pages. Glasses are missing. Very presentable in a mylar and can be handled carefully as there is no brittleness. A cheap filler.

Was $45.

Now $40.

EC3D1.jpeg

EC3D2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man