• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers VS just newsstand

7 posts in this topic

On the bay recently, an Uncanny X-Men 212 9.8 ns sold for over a grand. That being said, how does that

equate to a 212 Mark Jewelers 9.8? I know, I know, a thing is worth what that thing will bring, but generally?

Well, a Mark Jeweller is also a newsstand and more rare....the problem sometimes is finding the collector for that. I would hazard to bet there are more newsstand collectors than there are MJ insert collectors. That being said, I do think it would find a market and exceed the regular 9.8 newsstand sale.

A random comparison...a CGC 9.2 New mutants 98 with the insert recently sold for $1009

Regular newsies versions for this book fall in the $450 range, so it stands to reason that there is the potential to double, possibly 2.5 to 3 times the value of a regular newsstand. And that multiplier could be more so if it is a 9.8 because it is probably one of only a a handful that exist. Best to start high and go from there. So if I had such a book as you mentioned and knowing the most recent regular newsstand sold for over $1000, I would probably start my ask at $2500 and drop it over time until it sold.

Edited by comicginger1789

To add on, being a key could also really boost it. X-Men #212 has a cool cover so maybe it does not have as much potential to double or triple as say an ASM 129 or something else with a first appearance or more desirability

On 6/19/2024 at 5:48 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Regular newsies versions for this book fall in the $450 range, so it stands to reason that there is the potential to double, possibly 2.5 to 3 times the value of a regular newsstand. And that multiplier could be more so if it is a 9.8 because it is probably one of only a a handful that exist. Best to start high and go from there. So if I had such a book as you mentioned and knowing the most recent regular newsstand sold for over $1000, I would probably start my ask at $2500 and drop it over time until it sold.

As a buyer of MJ X-men books, this is pretty much been the trend in terms of 2.5 - 3.0 the value for those key books/first appearances. I also usually give this same advice to folks who ask how to price MJ book: start at 2.0 - 2.5 the price and go down from there. Buyer pool is definitely smaller, but there are absolutely folks like myself that pay the premium for these.

That being said: anyone with MJ X-men books for sale, let me know :bigsmile:

I'd go 2x probably.  But it also depends on the population right and the keyness.

On 6/19/2024 at 9:06 AM, Aarrow108 said:

As a buyer of MJ X-men books, this is pretty much been the trend in terms of 2.5 - 3.0 the value for those key books/first appearances. I also usually give this same advice to folks who ask how to price MJ book: start at 2.0 - 2.5 the price and go down from there. Buyer pool is definitely smaller, but there are absolutely folks like myself that pay the premium for these.

That being said: anyone with MJ X-men books for sale, let me know :bigsmile:

X-Men related... I have a NM87 9.6 MJ.  I think it's the highest I have seen. May be willing to part with it for the right offer.

On 7/5/2024 at 12:45 PM, Shaun Hill said:

X-Men related... I have a NM87 9.6 MJ.  I think it's the highest I have seen. May be willing to part with it for the right offer.

Appreciate that, but not my cup of tea. Sticking to just X-men/Uncanny X-men issues for the time being, and ideally raw. Might consider graded copies, but I'm not one to pay a premium for 9.4+ for an MJ book that I'd end up cracking out anyways :devil: