• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Card Name in Submission Tracking Has Been Entered Incorrectly - Assistance Needed to Correct Name in Submission
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello, this is my first time posting on these forums.

I recently submitted a single card for grading which was received and had its status updated to Scheduled for Grading on 6/20/24. When I clicked into the submission number, I noticed that the Card Description lists the card name incorrectly. As you'll see in the attached file below, the card name is listed as "Seien Mika" when it should say "Misono Mika." This is an huge error, especially given that I entered the name as "Misono Mika" when filling in the information for this submission. It can be noted that this is the first copy of this specific card (W112-003SP) to be graded by CGC so I had to input all the card information manually.

I did some more digging and I managed to find another card from this set with the same character labeled as "Seien Mika": https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/1401033689001/

I would imagine this is the reason "Misono" was (incorrectly) changed to "Seien" for my submission. Upon doing a bit more research, I figured out that this character/card was most likely first labeled as "Seien Mika" instead of "Misono Mika" by CGC because one of the literal translations of her last name (聖園) can be pronounced as "Seien." If you copy and paste that kanji into Google Translate (and set the language to Japanese, not Traditional Chinese), you will hear "Seien." It is important to note that Japanese kanji have multiple pronunciations/meanings even when using the same characters. That is why the characters in the name can be read as both "Seien" and "Misono."

That being said, "Seien" is still incorrect. You can find countless sources for the IP, Blue Archive, citing this character's name as Misono Mika, not Seien Mika. I've linked some sources below:

This card is going to be a gift for my SO, who happens to be the biggest Mika fan in the world. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out in resolving this issue and correcting the card name to "Misono Mika." Please let me know if I can provide any other information or details to get this matter sorted. Thank you!

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by wesleykang

• Administrator

Hello @wesleykang, thank you for contacting us. Hope you are doing well! Thank you for sending over this information, I have forwarded the information to our CGC Cards operations to ensure this is corrected. You may see it corrected once the card goes to grading. 

In the meantime, please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Hi @KaileeS CS, thank you for the fast response here! I hope you are doing well too. Thank you for forwarding this information on to the relevant parties. Will there be any official confirmation that the name has been corrected? Or can I trust that it will be taken care of before the card is officially encapsulated?